Wiggins being ignored?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Greedo said:
1. I think it's the fact that he's a pro and the others aren't.2. He was always farting about before being interviewed getting his sponsors glasses on when others were just over the moon that they've achieved a lifetime ambition
3. He was born in Belgium and most journos probably don't see him as 100% british
4. He is a bit of a dick really if we're being honest
They are all professionals. The days when you could go training after a shift on the assembly line and win a gold medal are long gone.

Rob S

I'll make sure my escape route is clear before saying.....he didn't have any decent competition....where are the noted pro time triallers? What would the result be if Cancellara had taken part? The result was never in doubt.

Rob S said:
I'll make sure my escape route is clear before saying.....he didn't have any decent competition....where are the noted pro time triallers? What would the result be if Cancellara had taken part? The result was never in doubt.

You could apply that argument to Michael Phelps, but no one's ever going to deny him his achievements!

Rob S

Dayvo said:
You could apply that argument to Michael Phelps, but no one's ever going to deny him his achievements!

Not sure about that as I don't follow swimming so don't how good the opposition is there but he lost one final by 1/100 of a sec so he wasn't that superior even if it was one of the later races.

Rob S

sheddy said:
So, which GB athletes will be asked to do TV commentary in 2012 or 2016 ?

In the sailing I hope they'll replace the bloke with someone a little more enthusiastic about the sport!!:biggrin:

Top Bottom