Wiggins' comments on David Millar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

resal

Veteran
..... you seem to want some kind of Corinthian myth of the sporting ideal that doesn't exist and has never existed - it was an invention of the upper classes back when sport was something done by the leisured aristocrat. The Olympics is as full of professional sports people as any other part of sport now. Cheating, bending the rules, twisting and turning, even the admiration for the player who gets away with it in a stylish manner - these are all part of the professional sporting game.

Loving it !

And that is where we differ entirely. Have your own view and set your own standards on what you accept. I well believe that there are many who hold an identical view to your own. I am happy to report that I know a number who don't. Cav comes across as cynical a pro as Millar. Brad is coming across differently. For me, Millar is worse than Valverde. Valverde is just plain stupid and therefore his outbursts only appear to have any reason, to people as stupid as he is. Millar treats the fans with contempt. I' cheat and I'm too smart - you stupid fans cannot see through my game. Getting caught has made a big hole in his life, but he remains - exactly as loveable now as he was when he was thrown out of the Olympic Camp in Sydney 2000. Don't let him near London 2012.

Top Bottom