wiggins looking sky-bound

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
in an interview in bbc news 24, wiggo opined that to win the champions league, you need to be at a club like man united. he reckons he's currently at wigan…

read into that what you will, but it could be a hint he's headed for dave brailsfords's team, it could be a 'don't expect much next season' management of expectation. i'll go with the former…

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I think it is only a matter of time before we hear the announcement.

mondobongo

Über Member
Wiggo has tweeted that the whole Wigan story is bollocks. So is the Comic having a Mail moment? Wiggo was not too complimentary about Comic journos last night either.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Want to find out for sure?

Start posting threads on here and places like Bike Radar and YACF saying we couldn't give a monkey's toss who he rides for, then watch him tell us.

Reverse psychology, innit?

mondobongo

Über Member
Posted on Twitter this afternoon after his comments were reported.

bradwigginsJust to let you know, this whole Wigan story is bollocks, Just to set the record straight

3 hours later he tweeted this

bradwigginsBollocks in the sense it was said with the greatest affection, Wigan are a good side and certain people have taken it out of context!

Followed pretty quickly by this

bradwigginsI could have used Ronaldo leaving ManU for Real, Rooney leaving Everton for ManU, Could have used a cow and a pig, horse and a pony???

I would imagine his comments in that interview have gone down like a lead balloon leading to the no comments from Jonathan Vaughters and how must the rest of the Garmin Team feel.

Its starting to resemble a football transfer. Whats he gonna do next go on strike to force his transfer through.

Dave5N

Über Member
The Sky News website billed him the other day as a Team Sky rider in the page's meta heading

Albert

Über Member
Either way Wiggo has had his year in the road race sun. In my opinion his great 4th place in the TdF is better than he'll ever do again.
If Sky want a potential GT winner, they'll have to look elsewhere.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Albert said:
Either way Wiggo has had his year in the road race sun. In my opinion his great 4th place in the TdF is better than he'll ever do again.

Well in the longer term, they have Boasson Haagen, who could well develop into one. But much as I like Wiggo's change in attitude to road racing over the last year or so, I fear you may be right about him.

Keith Oates

Janner
It's a feeling I've also had about him, the reported buy out fee (if true) seems to me to be excessive and could have been spent on other riders with more potential. Having said that I would be delighted to be proven wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rassendyll

And then riders seem to wonder why journalists keep chasing them for stories even after they claim there is nothing in it.

Same with Armstrong and Contador.

Silly comments by BW.

Garmin are clearly more of an Aston Villa anyway.

yello

Albert said:

I feel it's a little harsh, and a tad early, to be saying that. Though I have pondered the possibility of it being BWs finest GT hour (and see it is a definite possibility!), I am prepared to see what he does next year before coming to any conclusions.

He's shown he has the dedication and commitment to be a GT rider so for me the question is whether he'll want to do it all over again. The ability is there, is the desire?

And comparing Garmin to Wigan?? Sod the disservice to Wigan, that ain't going to win no friends at the Argyle HQ.... and I'm not talking Plymouth!!

Top Bottom