Wiggins Rouen 19inch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benw

Regular
And to put it in perspective at the other end, I ride a Rouen with a 15 inch (38 cm) frame and I'm 4ft 11 with a 27 inch inside leg.

The 43 cm frame is much too big for me.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'm looking at buying my son a second hand Rouen and so it will be hard to try for size.
My son is 4'10" with a 27" inside leg so the 650 15" is probably perfect right now, he is weeney for a 14yo so will probably grow loads in the next year.
The 700c 43cm will last him longer and we can share tubes etc. Will it be massively too big now? I think they messed up the blurb as it suggests 4'6"-5' which is shorter than the info on the 650 38cm frame.

Thanks for any feedback, Ben

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'm looking at buying my son a second hand Rouen and so it will be hard to try for size.
My son is 4'10" with a 27" inside leg so the 650 15" is probably perfect right now, he is weeney for a 14yo so will probably grow loads in the next year.
The 700c 43cm will last him longer and we can share tubes etc. Will it be massively too big now? I think they messed up the blurb as it suggests 4'6"-5' which is shorter than the info on the 650 38cm frame.

Thanks for any feedback, Ben

That's something of a dilemma, isn't it? Not something we as adults have to worry about.

My 15" 650c Rouen is just right for me, but then I do have the saddle as far forward as it will go, and I don't have the seat post at its maximum extension either. So there is definitely some "growing room" to be had with the stock set-up.

And it's far easier to make a small frame bigger by fitting a longer seat post and stem than to make a big frame smaller. Where your lad might really struggle with the bigger bike is the straddle height. It's not much fun smacking yourself in the nether regions when you get things a bit wrong coming to a stop - and that's the same whether you're a lady like me, or a bloke. I have about an inch clearance when straddling the frame of mine.

HTH :okay:

benw

Regular
Thanks Reynard, we recklessly ordered a 17" that hasn't ever been used outside as my lad still has a btwin that is getting small but fits. Will let you know how it goes.
There are a few mint ones going for fair money at the moment considering people ask £200+ for well used examples

Thanks Reynard, we recklessly ordered a 17" that hasn't ever been used outside as my lad still has a btwin that is getting small but fits. Will let you know how it goes.
There are a few mint ones going for fair money at the moment considering people ask £200+ for well used examples

They're nice bikes, so either way, money well-spent. :okay:

My Rouen is stock aside from the contact points. I've had it from new, and it's served me really well in those four and a half years. I've also got the Chartres 26 hybrid, but bought that used for £100 a couple of years ago - the old version with triple chainrings and disc brakes.

Happy to post to a CCer.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Juniors which will be up for sale soon

IMG_20210627_135945.jpg

IMG_20210627_140041.jpg

IMG_20210627_140058.jpg

IMG_20210627_140105.jpg

Top Bottom