Wiggle - Excellent Service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
I have a Garmin 705 that was bought for me as a Christmas present in Dec 08. It went wrong last week. Indeed, I could not turn it on. I tried everything to get the thing back to life, but failed. So, with a 14 month old Garmin, just outside warranty I looked at Garmin's website and was informed that I had to send to the USA with $110 and I would get it refurbished.

So, I decided to e-mail Wiggle to explain the problem. I was expecting to be told to send it to the US. Instead, Wiggle have replaced it free of charge and refunded my postage costs when I sent it back to them. I sent it on Friday morning last week and yesterday morning a brand new Garmin 705 arrived. Simply outstanding ;) So, the purpose of this e-mail is to highlight the excellent quality of service from Wiggle.

Noodley

Well done them ;)

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Wiggle are a pretty good baseline for prices. I normally go there to get an idea of the range available, what an item might cost in my LBS (RRP) and to check their 'special' price.

If there's nothing in it, the LBS gets it every time. If there's a sufficient discount available, it normally goes to whoever has the best price, but that said, I will admit to buying from CRC a few times just because I prefer them.

Fickle little bugg3r I am ;)

viniga

Guru
I've found Wiggle to be good. Fast free delivery and when I have returned a number of items to Wiggle they have not quibbled and I always got p&p refunds.

They aren't the cheapest though, even if you become a 'platinum' customer...

Garmin... hmm my Edge 305 just bit the dust yesterday, this is the second 305 unit - having already swapped one out on warrenty (postage paid by me). Edge 500 replacement arrived and I'm reading lots of reports about buggy software... grrr. Great units when they work!

Viniga

OP
OP
gavintc

gavintc

Guru
gaz said:
Did you ring Garmin? mine went dead and i only had to send it to southampton.

No, I didn't. I surfed Garmin's site and read up on their warranty. I then decided to ask Wiggle. Useful to know that their is an option to return it to Southampton - thanks.

SoulOnIce

viniga said:
I've found Wiggle to be good. Fast free delivery and when I have returned a number of items to Wiggle they have not quibbled and I always got p&p refunds.

They aren't the cheapest though, even if you become a 'platinum' customer...

My feelings exactly. But if the item with Wiggle is only a little more expensive I will go with Wiggle just cos I can rely on no hassle if it needs to be returned. I don't mind paying a bit extra for good customer service.

Tynan

Veteran
not bought from them for some time, they're plain expensive, some surprisingly 'little' websites are doing the cheapest stuff nowadays it seems

That is good service, like others I've not bought from Wiggle for a while because of the price.

Slightly OT, My 305 started to fail last year, 2 or 3 years old, Garmin replaced that and pretty quickly too. I think I sent the old unit on the Monday and had the new unit by Friday.

The Jayler

ianrauk said:
You can't fault Wiggles returns policy and delivery times. However their prices have shot up considerably recently so it's Chain Reaction for me at the moment.

I'm glad i'm not the only one who noticed that. For some of my recent drivetrain purchases, Evans cycles have been the cheapest. But CR for all other bits.
Wiggle do have quick delivery times though.

Top Bottom