Wiggle - getting pricey?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
They seem to be edging up and up or at least not keeping up (down) with their competition

I needed a new EA70 stem. Wiggle have it at £53.99. CRC at £30. That sounds good. But the winner is.......Merlin Cycles. £24.95 inc p&p. And when you call to ask about it you get straight through to a real live human.

I previously got an Ultegra groupset off them for a bargain price. They seem to be have excellent prices and excellent service.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Merlin Cycles. £24.95 inc p&p that was in a sale

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I've pretty much stopped using Wiggle at all now.

CRC are consistently cheaper, and have given excellent service on all my recent orders.
Ribble are also pretty good value, although the posting charges have to be factored in (and they're never as fast as CRC).
Not yet used Merlin.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
IME Wiggle have not always been the best for price for a long time - always worth looking around and checking the competition - Merliin, Parker, PBK, CRC often good but start with a Google search and go from there. Ribble often good if spending over £50.

e-rider

crappy member
Merlin certainly have good prices - but not much choice.

Wiggle are not cheap for most stuff until you get your hands on the 12% discount plus £5 or £10 vouchers - then you can get a bargain!

CRC are hit or miss - the service is all over the place - several wrong items sent to me. Customer service is slow too.

anyuser

Über Member
I use wiggle and got some good deals with the £5 off £50 offers they were doing earlier in the year also use crc and have found cyclesportsuk very competitive on some products.

GrasB

Veteran
It's always worth looking at wiggle, they can have some very good deals but these days they're no longer that good on price in general.

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
Merlin Cycles. £24.95 inc p&p that was in a sale
Not sure I care. The Wiggle price is now £52.79 Platinum Price Weekend Special. That sounds like a sale but still double what Merlin want.

Just as a random item I also checked a Shimano Ultegra 6700 Hollowtech II Double Chainset. £158.39 at Wiggle and £143.95 at Merlin. CRC is £135. However that is in a sale so it won't count for Numbnuts!

Top Bottom