England : Berkshire Wiggle Magnificat (Newbury) 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goonerobes

Its okay to be white
I'm planning on doing the Isle of Wight sportive the week before so may or may not do this one.

There really is nothing to be anxious about, its all very well organised & marshalled & you get riders of all levels so just go out & enjoy the day & enjoy the ride.

flatflr

Guru
Did the standard (82 mile) route last year and it was a great ride but bloody hot, glad they laid on an extra feed station to allow people to take on more water. Should really sign up again, especially as the start is only 1 mile from home!

OP
OP
y2blade

y2blade

ROUTE: EPIC - GPX FILE
Dist: 125 Miles, Elev. Gain: 6587 ft, Rating: 5/5
http://www.ukcyclingevents.co.uk/ma...p?routefile=ukce-wss-magnificat-2014-epic.gpx

ROUTE: STANDARD - GPX FILE
Dist: 82 Miles, Elev. Gain: 4183 ft, Rating: 4/5
http://www.ukcyclingevents.co.uk/ma...hp?routefile=ukce-wss-magnificat-2014-std.gpx

ROUTE: SHORT - GPX FILE
Dist: 44 Miles, Elev. Gain: 2273 ft, Rating: 3/5
http://www.ukcyclingevents.co.uk/ma...?routefile=ukce-wss-magnificat-2014-short.gpx

I'm booked to do the Standard but realistically and considering the rating I'm prob going to change my booking to the short...I've yet to ride more than 30miles in one hit.

Feel free to take a look at the route files and see what you think :smile:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
We did the 125 mile one last year, jeezus h titty christ it was a hot day, and relentless hills!

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
My missus is doing it, I'm not.

Travs

Only just seen this as haven't been on for a while. How did you get on?
I did the standard with a couple of friends. Enjoyed it, mostly quiet roads and the hills weren't too bad. Couple of biggies but it's just towards the end the roads kept spiking a bit.
My first sportive and I'm hooked. Couldn't do HHH but looking at New Forest. The rating seems easier and there's less overall elevation.

OP
OP
y2blade

y2blade

Hi Travs, sorry for delay only just noticed this.
tbh my prep hadn't been what I wanted it to be , had been making the most of the great summer out on my motorbike instead of putting miles in on the pedalers....as a result I'd still not done more than 30miles in one hit before the event.
So I opted for the Short route in the end, route was well marked out and I did enjoy it, I have never ridden with others before and soon found someone riding at my pace to tag along with for quite a bit of the route.

I'll be doing it again next year for sure.

Travs

First time on for a while myself again!
Doesn't matter that you did the short route - good that you set out to do it and completed it. I didn't make as good progress as I wanted but its probably best as I probably would have gone off too fast and bonked before the end! Definitely doing next year!

Top Bottom