Wiggle Mega Meon Sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy Jeffery

Which distance did you ride in the end

Andy Jeffery

Nice one. Still trying to get fit for my first century. I did think that I could have gone on though. Mind you drank six pints of water at the end as it was so hot going up southark hill at the end.

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
That hill at the end...was it the same for all three routes? Ours went up and then there was aview across the estuary near an old fort then the ride was done. For some weird reason on this ride I didnt really have any issue with the hills, although I was being overtaken by all the smaller lighter riders on th eway up, I overtook them going down again lol!

I think it must have been an overdose of fig rolls flapjacks and energy gels !

I booked another this sunday coming...hawards heath howler......ditchling beacon etc.....proabaly a painful weekend then lol!

Andy Jeffery

Nice. Yes the last hill was the same for all three. I'm the same as you. Watching the skinny super fit riders pass me on the way up but gravity helps on the way down
!!!

buttonnine

Sorry I missed you guys it wasn't for looking, amazed that so many riders turned up for what is a very local ride for me, that hill we all had to do at the end is one I ride up and down all the time, I started the 72 miler at 08.15 and finished at 13.15ish, not bad for my second sportive, now for a charity ride in Sept, cant wait, but loads of rides in between, maybe see you next year!.

Andy Jeffery

Sorry I missed you guys it wasn't for looking, amazed that so many riders turned up for what is a very local ride for me, that hill we all had to do at the end is one I ride up and down all the time, I started the 72 miler at 08.15 and finished at 13.15ish, not bad for my second sportive, now for a charity ride in Sept, cant wait, but loads of rides in between, maybe see you next year!.
We must have been in the same group and practically cycled together all the way round as I have roughly the same time!

Top Bottom