Wiggle - pro helmet compulsion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

Apparently.

http://blog.wiggle.com/2013/08/05/cycle-helmets/

The reason it's in the news again (original article is dated 2013/08/05) is because @wiggleculture tweeted a link to it earlier. They've since deleted the tweet after a fairly constant barrage of negativity ;)

Their evidence and charts are a bit underwhelming.

I see now they've put an editor's edit at the bottom distancing themselves from the article :smile:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Shop selling helmets, encouraging helmets: whatever next!

Koga

The issue is much wider.
They would do well to examine who caused the accident / fall. A helmet is mitigating the impact caused by the accident. Research should include the cause of the accident so a balanced view can be established.
The conclusion could be something like this: yes a helmet is beneficial if you have an accident and you fall on your head and oh by the way we should make the roads safer so we don't have x amounts accidents in the first place.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
article-2177259-142BB42C000005DC-467_964x780.jpg

Enough said.

snorri

Legendary Member
It was a nasty piece of work for Wiggle to promote this blog without giving equal prominence to the opposing viewpoint. They did provide a link to other research but this was presented in a manner unlikely to be attractive to anyone except those desperately seeking facts.
I understood Wiggins had withdrawn his pro helmet comments claiming he had not been altogether sober at the time.

Sara_H

Guru
It was a nasty piece of work for Wiggle to promote this blog without giving equal prominence to the opposing viewpoint. They did provide a link to other research but this was presented in a manner unlikely to be attractive to anyone except those desperately seeking facts.
I understood Wiggins had withdrawn his pro helmet comments claiming he had not been altogether sober at the time.
He's repeated his pro-helmet nonsense again since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom