Wiggle refund for bike - advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigup

Hi guys

Ordered a bike (moser road bike) from wiggle on 15th July and opted to pay buy v12 finance. Anyway, few days past i did more reading and Had second thoughts about it so on the 18th I emailed them to say I'd like to cancel my order as it had not been depsatched yet.

Got an email the same day saying sorry too late it had already been sent to me and left the warehouse on the 18th July, i did not receive any despatch email or anything so I emailed back asking where is the tracking info.

The next day i get an email with tracking/despatch saying left them on Friday 19th July. So I ask them what was going on, they were telling porkies and the bike could of been stopped before it was sent out..

They apologised and told me to refuse delivery when it arrived (22nd July) which I did and thought that was the
end of that.

I've been emailing them this week asking why the bike sat In the delivering warehouse for 3 days and to chase this up as my main concern is cancellation of the finance agreement which they said they would only do when they get the bike back.

Long story short they have just received the bike back today and now it has to go through the warranty inspection team which can take up to 5 days. WTF!

The bike never made it off the back of the delivery van, I ran out and told the driver I wanted to refuse the delivery which he accepted.

I've emailed them again today explaining all this and now waiting their email tomorrow..

Anyone had any and experiences in sending a bike back to wiggle for a refund that has been payed via finance ?

I think v12 give a 14 day cooling off period for the finance which I hope gets sorted, seems wiggle are faffing around.

Now, do I contact v12 finance my self or wait till wiggle sorts it out for me ?

Sorry for long post, this had not been a pleasant experience for me at all!

redcard

Veteran
You just need to give it a few more days, I don't think the timescale is out of the ordinary.

buggi

Bird Saviour
same here, I think you're worried about nothing, you didn't sign for the bike so no fear of them proving you damaged it in any way. they will inspect it, clear it and cancel the finance. If you haven't heard anything in 5 days, then i would give them a call, but i've never had anything but excellent customer service from them.

personally, i think you should have accepted delivery.... got your sweets out and then sent it back. :biggrin: Epic fail!

14 day cooling off period for financial products sold at a distance they also have to tell you how to cancel the contract when you take it out. Follow that procedure and you should be fine and put everything in writing.

Top Bottom