Wiggle Spring Sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Broadside

Guru
I am doing the same event on Sun 15th April, I have gone for the Epic route because there is not a whole lot of climbing involved, I think the Epic at 85 miles has about 900m of climbing which is less than I would usually expect. If you're in the New Forest then you know what the area is like, but I am expecting a lot of very nice scenery, some fairly exposed and potentially windy drags and some surprisingly steep but quite short hills. I have done a couple of sportives in the New Forest (but not a Wiggle Spring one) and have always enjoyed the area, the low speed limits and fact that ponies are all over the place tends to make the drivers around you nice and cautious!

OP
OP
DRHysted

DRHysted

Guru
According to the route we're going up the hill on Rhinefield ornamental drive, I have gone up there twice. Failed the first time, and only managed it the second because I couldn't get the cleat to release, and I had a car behind me so was not prepared to fall in the ditch. My breathing was not good at the top!!

I had to do the Saturday one as I'm back on shift Sunday morning. This will be my first event, and first time riding in a group. I went for the 56 (it's actually 56.52) because do to shifts, I'm pushed for training, and so far have only managed 56.14. Saying that I kept an average speed of 3:43per mile.

2PedalsTez

Über Member
I'm riding this on the 14th. It isn't especially hilly, but as already noted, there are many sections that could be a challenge if windy. If the weather is anything like last year (actually pretty hot and sunny), it'll be brilliant. No real climbs, but the odd short lung-buster.
Wiggle have a good reputation with their events and my experience certainly supports this, so fingers crossed for a good day :smile:

Top Bottom