Wiggle warranty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paxterg

Veteran
Bought a Vitus Energie from Wiggle in July, it has Sram Rival, never rode it much til recently, the shifting was never perfect but I fiddled a bit and got it going OK. Took it to my LBS today and they tell me the hanger and mech are bent, £160 to replace both and stick a new cable in. I’ve emailed Wiggles warranty dept and explained the situation, what are my chances of them standing over this?

T4tomo

Guru
Zero.

and it shouldnt be £160 to replace a bent hanger. If you havent crashed it, I also suspect the mech isn't bent or damaged in any way.

Its not unusual for new bike to come with a slightly misaligned hanger, but if you have the tool, a mild competence, realigning them is easy.

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-pro-gear-hanger-alignment-tool

Cycleops

Legendary Member
£160 to replace hanger and mech is not out of the way. Although it takes quite a bash to bend a derailleur. That's as maybe, you should really have first got the diagnosis from the LBS and then mailed Wiggle with the evidence and estimate and asked them how they would like to proceed.
You're at the mercy of their goodwill right now.

T4tomo

Guru
1668185989441.png

Mike_P

Guru
Suggests if no come back from Wiggle (and I would ask why would they if the bike was fine originally) is to get a couple of new derailleur hangers (as it's always useful to have a spare or two) and eyeball then how bad the original is and see if it can be straightened as a spare to keep. Fit a new one and then see how "bent" the mechanism is. Normally it's the cage which is cc usually fixable.

Top Bottom