Wiggle.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
I am looking to purchase some equipment for my bike that I can't get out here in Vietnam and have found what I need on the Wiggle site.

Has anyone had any experience with using this company and if so was the service etc. satisfactory? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
one of the top three internet retailers in the uk I'd reckon in terms of sales.

can polarise opinion but I've never had a problem and I've bought everything from an inner tube to a complete bike from them.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've used them without any problems. (So good that I've no experience of what they're like when things do go wrong.) They used to be very cheap but there now seems to be more competition or they've gone for reliability of service. They often throw in a small packet of Haribo - don't know if they'll do that for Vietnam though.

Overall I've never had anything but fantastic service from Wiggle, and I've ordered everything from light brackets to bikes over the past few years. I was receiving platinum discounts for over two years due to my spend level. Some say their service have slipped in recent months though, but I guess most firms their size will have blips from time to time. Whether it is a blip, or whether they are on the slide I couldn't say.
What I can say though is I ordered a running top, bike computer and a set of t handle hex wrenches last night from them, and contrary to growing belief, for these items at least, Wiggle were the cheapest. I'll let you know how I get on.

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
Overall I've never had anything but fantastic service from Wiggle, and I've ordered everything from light brackets to bikes over the past few years. I was receiving platinum discounts for over two years due to my spend level. Some say their service have slipped in recent months though, but I guess most firms their size will have blips from time to time. Whether it is a blip, or whether they are on the slide I couldn't say.
What I can say though is I ordered a running top, bike computer and a set of t handle hex wrenches last night from them, and contrary to growing belief, for these items at least, Wiggle were the cheapest. I'll let you know how I get on.

+1 Competive prices, good service, prompt delivery, no quible return policy.

lulubel

Über Member
I order from Wiggle regularly, and in terms of shipping time to Spain, they're only beaten by Amazon.

Yes, Chain Reaction are cheaper for a lot of things (although I have a platinum discount at Wiggle, which closes the gap somewhat), but I can't comment on their service yet. I placed orders with both Wiggle and Chain Reaction last Friday, and they both sent me a shipping notification on Monday (the order from Wiggle included a frame and they had said there could be a 4-7 day wait on that). I'll see which one gets here first!

jay clock

Massive member
Good value generally, but worth checking around. Service has gone downhill in my view. I wanted some fancy Ti jockey wheels in blue with a red centre. Turned up with a gold centre. When I contacted them they pointed to the small print which says "colours may vary" or somesuch. Refunded with no hassle, but they could easily do a stock check so they sell what they actually have. Also ordered some skewers which said 7-10 days but they had not appeared after 10 days, and they had not sent me an update, so I cancelled. Small things, but Wiggle are not as perfect as they used to be.

One tip, if you subscribe to the newsletter you get a £5 voucher off £50+ valid for 7 days. If you are already subscribed you can unsubscribe and resubscribe and get it every time

endoman

great service always, just received a free replacement for a rear light which broke and fell off in a normal ride. When you use discount codes etc price is fine. Still shop around for particular stuff though.

Barbelier

Good, reliable service and a pretty wide range of stock.
However, not always the cheapest and its definately worth shopping around.

Ashy

Personally I have had no major issues with them. As previous posts they offer a good range of stock and are fairly quick to deliver, then again I live in the same City where the stock rooms are. If you're ordering clothing be sure to get the sizing correct as its a bit of a long winded process getting replacments. In essence you have to send the item back, they refund your account and you re-order. Can't see why you can swap for a different size. Shop around for comptetive prices.

jay clock

Massive member
Service has gone downhill in my view. I wanted some fancy Ti jockey wheels in blue with a red centre. Turned up with a gold centre. When I contacted them they pointed to the small print which says "colours may vary" or somesuch
I am quoting my own post, but just discovered anothe item where they are offering the chance that they may send something fairly different from what you wanted. The HIgh5 drink comes in sachets. I like sachets as much easier to use when out and about and to measure dose correctly. In small letters on this item it says they may in fact send a tub of the powder rather than sachets. Very different. And cheaper at PBK anyway

Albert

Über Member
I have never had anything but good service from Wiggle. However - I have noticed that they are not quite as flexible with a request for a modification as they once would have been when I recently bought a bike from them. Their prices are not always the cheapest - so shopping around is worthwhile.

Top Bottom