Wiggo's comments on drugs doubters.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Does this mean further discussion is not allowed?

Feel free, I just wonder at the motivation of starting a new thread on the subject.

Do you not think its cos sometimes they get sick of the same bullsh*t questions?I mean If your on form you gotta be cheating right?
Yes, but as a fan, don't you get sick of the same bullshit and lies from people like Landis, Rasmussen, Armstrong, Virenque etc etc etc? It might be annoying, but peanuts on Twitter are just a symptom.

lukesdad

Is that like +1 :wacko:

festival

Über Member
The more i read his comments in that press conference, the more and more it sounds like the sort of inarticulate Armstrong-style counterattack of someone who has something to hide.
Wiggo is probably clean - who knows. I certainly hope he is.
But a real anti-doper welcomes cynicism, not attacks it.

What is the point of your post? You are talking bollocks.
You don't know him or his personality, thank god he speaks his mind.
What about the quiet type of person who keeps his head down and not only say's nothing to offend but basically say's nothing, like Ullrich, Heras, Basso and Rasmussen to name a few quiet guys who are proven cheats.

This may just be Kimmage stirring again but I think he has a point http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/1...n-Wiggins-and-Team-Sky-over-transparency.aspx
Wheeling out Kimmage in a doping related story is like wheeling out Anne Widecombe in a debate about teenage morality, you know pretty much what he's going to say.

That said, he's been proven right many times before, even if he does come across as a chippy little arse, and he's right about Sky. They made a big thing about transparency and being clean when they started, they need to live up to that. If they need tips on how to do it properly they just need to look at Vaughters and Garmin.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Wiggins did volunteer his biological passport data in the past. And he took some crap from other riders for doing it. He hasn't this year.

Wiggins did volunteer his biological passport data in the past. And he took some crap from other riders for doing it. He hasn't this year.
Blood profile from the 2009 Tour IIRC, which was nice, but of limited value. I don't recall anyone, ever, publishing a full suite of passport data.

Actually, blood data and power files are interesting. They often get suggested as the Holy Grail of transparency but the Clinic cynics won't believe anything at all, ever (and get very confused when you ask them what they would accept) and most fans won't understand the data. It's a bit like Eric Pickles and his endless bollocks about councils releasing data on all spending over £500. The theory was that it would unleash an army of armchair auditors who would righteously hold us pen-pushing bureaucrats to account. In practice all it did was give parasitic scum like the Taxpayers Alliance (maytheydieinafire) something to cherry-pick. In principle it's a good thing but it may not be as enlightening as people think.

Crap from other riders? I don't remember that.

dragon72

Guru
What is the point of your post? You are talking bollocks.
You don't know him or his personality, thank god he speaks his mind.
What about the quiet type of person who keeps his head down and not only say's nothing to offend but basically say's nothing, like Ullrich, Heras, Basso and Rasmussen to name a few quiet guys who are proven cheats.

The point of my post, which I think you either missed or misinterpreted, is that questions surrounding performance at the top level of professional cycling given its history are entirely understandable.
Also that Wiggins, being intelligent and professional, ought to understand that being open and welcoming to scrutiny is helpful to the honest (such as himself).
Being offensive (literally and verbally) towards people who ask questions about doping, albeit boring and hackneyed, isn't productive.

Nearly there

Veteran
Yes, but as a fan, don't you get sick of the same bullshit and lies from people like Landis, Rasmussen, Armstrong, Virenque etc etc etc? It might be annoying, but peanuts on Twitter are just a symptom.
Yes I get annoyed when people have been found to be cheating no one likes a cheater

Top Bottom