Wilier Montegrappa Sora ?

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Idoru, 9 Aug 2012.

1. Idoru

Idoru Well-Known Member

I've been considering a road bike for a couple of months, was about to buy a Boardman road comp in the halfords sale, but missed it.

Went to LBS today and the after having a look at the specialized Allez and some giants, he came up with the Wilier Montegrappa Sora at £650 but I can't seem to find a single review online.

Anyone have any opinions.

http://www.wilierbikes.co.uk/2012/details.php?ModNo=12MONTS

2. doctornige

doctornige Well-Known Member

Well, it LOOKS like sex on wheels.

I don't know much about bikes, but I do know they people consider Tiagra to be a significant improvement over Sora, particularly for the shifters. I would imagine the Allez's would have been Tiagra?

But, as I mentioned above, that Wilier looks utterly lovely, and they are, in general, great bikes.

3. OP
    OP
    Idoru

Idoru Well-Known Member

I decided to take a punt on it based on nothing much more than the fact it felt comfy, looked lovely and just about fit into the budget.

Hopefully I'll get to the LBS later today (after the marathon coverage ) to finish adding some bits to the order.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice