Wilier owners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RyanMcGrath

Anyone with a wilier please show me your bike and thoughts on it?
Im thinking about upgrading to a wilier and would like your feedback
many thanks

Shaun Robinson

Anyone with a wilier please show me your bike and thoughts on it?
Im thinking about upgrading to a wilier and would like your feedback
many thanks
Hi don't own a willier but 3 of friends do of various ranges all three are carbon bikes look great and from them ride really well too dong think you will be dissappointed with any purchase :smile:

Idoru

I have a love / hate relationship with my Alloy Willier (Montegrappa Sora).

When I've just cleaned it and it's gleaming in the sunlight I love it (even though some of the welds look like they might have been done by a chimp on LSD).
When I'm fresh out on it and the wether's good I love it.
After about 20 miles, I hate it - but that's my fault, I bought too big, I start to get some horrible shoulder / hand pain.

I'd probably buy another, but they tend to come up a bit expensive when compared to other brands in the shops I can get to.

Ruthie

Über Member
I had a Wilier Triestina until recently, alloy frame, carbon forks and rear triangle. It was a fabulous bike, it loved to climb, and it was beautiful. Sadly a neck injury meant I couldn't ride the bike any more and I've had to get something more upright than I could achieve with a riser stem on the Wilier.

I loved that bike. I called her Gina. Her paintjob was a bit shoddy and kept flaking off, but that was a problem with a specific batch of those bikes and it's been sorted now as I understand it. And, yes, the welds were awful to look at. But who looks at someone else's welds, really?

Travs

No weld problem on a carbon frame. Love my 2nd hand Izoard XP. It seems to be the/one of the runts of the Italian behind the obvious Bianchi's and Pins but its got some lovely curves and I love that its a bit rarer on the roads - not that that makes any difference.

I can't offer a technical opinion because I'm so new to cycling but suffice to say I bloody love mine! Will try and sort out my gallery of one pic so I can link to it...

Travs

See if this works...

5n6j9e.jpg

paulmac

Ive just bought a 2nd hand Escape and i love it, its my 1st road bike so cant compare to others but i love it. Come from a hybrid and i have done up2 30 miles on this and i find it comfortable ro ride with no problems up2 now.
10569021_10152997192973056_436972217543191589_n.jpg

mkmz

Hehey :hello: bought this rare Wilier Ramata 2 weeks ago and customized it :becool:

Its not ready yet, i am looking for some vintage parts

CUSTOM $H!T* : 8.9 kg

56er EASTON Elite Alu Rahmen : 2.0 kg

28Zoll Campo "Ultralight"
23er Continental Ultra 2 Reifen
2ma8 Shimano Grip shift auf Dura Ace
52/39 Campagnolo Kurbel
Point Lenker mit Vintage Vorbau
3Finger Shimano Avid Bremsgriffe
Point Bmx Pedale
Weisse Züge, Bremsklötze, eloxierte Achsen

some hate it, some like it, i really love it :rolleyes:
WP_20170121_15_36_11_Pro.jpg
the feeling driving it is just fantastic !!!

mkmz

WP_20170121_15_38_08_Pro.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20170121_16_35_11_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170121_16_35_11_Pro.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 59
Top Bottom