Wilier owners

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by RyanMcGrath, 8 Apr 2014.

1. RyanMcGrath

RyanMcGrath Active Member

Anyone with a wilier please show me your bike and thoughts on it?
    Im thinking about upgrading to a wilier and would like your feedback
    many thanks

2. Shaun Robinson

Shaun Robinson Active Member

Hi don't own a willier but 3 of friends do of various ranges all three are carbon bikes look great and from them ride really well too dong think you will be dissappointed with any purchase :smile:

3. Idoru

Idoru Well-Known Member

I have a love / hate relationship with my Alloy Willier (Montegrappa Sora).

When I've just cleaned it and it's gleaming in the sunlight I love it (even though some of the welds look like they might have been done by a chimp on LSD).
    When I'm fresh out on it and the wether's good I love it.
    After about 20 miles, I hate it - but that's my fault, I bought too big, I start to get some horrible shoulder / hand pain.

I'd probably buy another, but they tend to come up a bit expensive when compared to other brands in the shops I can get to.

4. Ruthie

Ruthie Senior Member

I had a Wilier Triestina until recently, alloy frame, carbon forks and rear triangle. It was a fabulous bike, it loved to climb, and it was beautiful. Sadly a neck injury meant I couldn't ride the bike any more and I've had to get something more upright than I could achieve with a riser stem on the Wilier.

I loved that bike. I called her Gina. Her paintjob was a bit shoddy and kept flaking off, but that was a problem with a specific batch of those bikes and it's been sorted now as I understand it. And, yes, the welds were awful to look at. But who looks at someone else's welds, really?

5. Travs

Travs Well-Known Member

No weld problem on a carbon frame. Love my 2nd hand Izoard XP. It seems to be the/one of the runts of the Italian behind the obvious Bianchi's and Pins but its got some lovely curves and I love that its a bit rarer on the roads - not that that makes any difference.

I can't offer a technical opinion because I'm so new to cycling but suffice to say I bloody love mine! Will try and sort out my gallery of one pic so I can link to it...

6. Travs

Travs Well-Known Member

See if this works...

5n6j9e.jpg

Kies likes this.
  7. paulmac

paulmac Active Member

Ive just bought a 2nd hand Escape and i love it, its my 1st road bike so cant compare to others but i love it. Come from a hybrid and i have done up2 30 miles on this and i find it comfortable ro ride with no problems up2 now. 10569021_10152997192973056_436972217543191589_n.jpg

8. mkmz

mkmz New Member

Hehey :hello: bought this rare Wilier Ramata 2 weeks ago and customized it :becool:

Its not ready yet, i am looking for some vintage parts

CUSTOM $H!T* : 8.9 kg

56er EASTON Elite Alu Rahmen : 2.0 kg

28Zoll Campo "Ultralight"
    23er Continental Ultra 2 Reifen
    2ma8 Shimano Grip shift auf Dura Ace
    52/39 Campagnolo Kurbel
    Point Lenker mit Vintage Vorbau
    3Finger Shimano Avid Bremsgriffe
    Point Bmx Pedale
    Weisse Züge, Bremsklötze, eloxierte Achsen

some hate it, some like it, i really love it :rolleyes:
    ........ WP_20170121_15_36_11_Pro.jpg the feeling driving it is just fantastic !!!

9. mkmz

mkmz New Member

WP_20170121_15_38_08_Pro.jpg

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice