Will a 27.5 x 2.1-2.5 inner tube fit 27.5 x 1.95 tire?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunner786

Hi guy, my rear tire is punctured and the only affordable inner tube i can get is a
Halfords Schrader Innertube 27.5 x 2.1-2.5 for £4.

Will it fit my 27.5 x 1.95 tire or is it too big?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
It will be OK, but was the previous tube Schrader valved as well? The valve hole in the rims for Presta tubes is slightly smaller in diameter and Schrader valves won't go through.

Brandane

Legendary Member
If cost is a concern, as hinted at in OP, why not repair the existing tube with a patch? Unless the tube is split or valve damaged, modern patches should work well.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
But modern ones such as Park Tools super patch don't need faffing about with rubber solution, then grinding down some chalk to put over the repair :okay:.

They might not but the rubber so,Union makes for a better repair and we are not exactly talking about a long time to fix are we?

Hi guy, my rear tire is punctured and the only affordable inner tube i can get is a
Halfords Schrader Innertube 27.5 x 2.1-2.5 for £4.

Will it fit my 27.5 x 1.95 tire or is it too big?
Sorry to go against other advice but i NEVER use tubes outside of tyre tolerance sizes. Its just not worth the risk for the sake of a couple of quid.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Sorry to go against other advice but i NEVER use tubes outside of tyre tolerance sizes. Its just not worth the risk for the sake of a couple of quid.
I tend to agree. Given the diversity of wheels I have in my family fleet it means I have a drawer full of inner tubes! Between my 4 bikes, my kids' and my wife's I need 7 different inner tube sizes, two of which are 700c but of different widths.

Last edited:
Top Bottom