Will a handlebar bag fit?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J-Lo

Hi all,

Getting my EBC Country traveller on wednesday. It has them tektro bar top brake levers on the handlebars so im wondering whether ill actually be able to fit a bar bag? There is hardly any space left on the handlebars (ignore the bell i can take that off!), plus the bag would have to go out and over the levers & cables so it doesnt break them etc?

Pic attached...

Thanks!

Attachments

• 110702_172837.jpg
    110702_172837.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 523

P.H

Über Member
You can get an extender for the Ortlieb or Klick-Fix* brackets which moves the bag away from the bars allowing enough room for bar top levers. It also helps if you angle them down more than shown in your photo, I prefer them like that anyway. I wouldn't know about cables, mine are Campag so neatly tucked away. I've seen Shimano levers, bar bag and top brake levers so it is possible, just not sure how.

5894301283_4fbe560194.jpg

* Klick-fix brackets are used on lots of bar bage including Vaude, Carradice and EBC.

Falwheeler

I have a Tricross with similar levers and have fitted a bar bag with no problems. I have used two different bags, a Topeak compact and one from Edinburgh Cycles. You may have to turn the brake levers down a bit and fit an attachment to the bar mount for a computer

Holdsworth

Über Member
I have the exact same bike and have thought about the problem you have mentioned, I was planning to fit a map holder rather than a bar bag though. The cross top levers do seem to get in the way because of the way the cables are routed, it might be possible for them to be moved out of the way though.

P.H

Über Member
Thanks for the really helpful post!!

I did have http://www.tredz.co....tm_campaign=V01 in mind, but wrong fitting so i'll forget that.

Least I know to look for a klick-fix compatible bag - only prob I see with the extenders are that it might make map reading more difficult lol, but cant do anything about that!

Cheers :smile:
Rixen kaul make Klick-Fix, it may be that the QR bracket on the bag above is the same one I have, best check with someone selling them, such things are liable to change!

Falwheeler

Yes

OP
OP
J

J-Lo

This is a nightmare with my new bike...

Ideally I want a cycle computer, front light & bar bag for touring -which isnt going to happen! I can only get 1 on at once, unless i scrap the bag... but i want that to stick a map in.

I suppose i could try and get a cycle computer that will mount to the stem.. leaving me with just a light - could bin the reflector and attach that there AND then fit the bar bag on or is there an easier way

So.. question no.2:

Can you get a pannier that you can mount your cycle computer & light to?

P.H

Über Member
There's plenty of ways to mount a light on the fork crown, you can just about see mine on the photo above. The computer mounts on the stem. There's even room for a GPS on the bar bag mount.

Falwheeler

I have quite big hands and because of arthritis they are not very flexible but have no problems. Also some bar bags have an attachment underneath for a light, not sure which tho. Just a thought but a head torch over the bar bag would work

OP
OP
J

J-Lo

Thanks for the tips!

Im going to put the lights where the reflectors are at the mo, the cycle computer on the stem & then I can get a bar bag to fit on with the extender :smile: All good!

Top Bottom