Will Crud Catcher Road Racer mudgraurds fit on my Sirrus Elite?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
The road racers fit 23mm tyres and below comfortably, and i've heard that they can just about fit 25mm but it is very tight!!

I think the stock for the sirrus is 28c, in which case it's a no.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Just fitted a set on my Spesh Roubaix and they work pretty well. They are so minimal and snug fitting that you almost can't see them. My only problem was the nose piece dragging a little on the tyre and the video shows you how I dealt with that.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Aren't there mudguard eyes on that frame/forks and loads of clearance for standard 'guards? So why Road Racers - designed for frames with no clearance or provision for fitting 'guards and narrow tyres?

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Quote from Roadracer packaging: "Fits:700x23c,700x25c", "For race bikes with minimum clearance", and, "Do not use with deep tread. Road tyres only". 28c tyres are deeper than 25c and while you could probably position the guards to clear the tyre, it may then be difficult to get the pilestrips that centre the guards in the right position. This part of the guard may also rub againsta wider tyre. The guards are also quite narrow in general and might not be as effective in dealing with the spray from a wider tyre. It would appear that the manufacturers consider them unsuitable for your sort of bike, and why not use lightweight full guards anyway? The Roadracers are great, especially for bikes with very little or no clearance, but they still allow a lot of crap through around the front changer/bottom - bracket/chainwheel area. Full guards would have the advantage of avoiding this.

OP
OP
I

icebergx

Thanks for all your advice, I really appreciate it.
I'm a bit disappointed as I really like the look of these Crud guards.
Is there anything else, that has a low wheel clearance, that will fit my 28Cs?

Thanks.

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
icebergx said:
Thanks for all your advice, I really appreciate it.
I'm a bit disappointed as I really like the look of these Crud guards.
Is there anything else, that has a low wheel clearance, that will fit my 28Cs?

Thanks.

The Tortec

Top Bottom