Will 'hot' light bulbs one day be a thing of the past?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a stash of 60 watt and 100 watt incandescent bayonet cap lightbulbs, about 180 in all. I keep them next to my tins of pilchards.:okay: I could send you a few but I suspect that even 60 watts would cook the swirling stoner's wax.
Why why why? Someone tell me why anyone would want incandescent light bulbs? If you going to say they keep the house warm, thats bollocks they keep the ceiling warm.
Unless you are a bat?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Why why why? Someone tell me why anyone would want incandescent light bulbs? If you going to say they keep the house warm, thats bollocks they keep the ceiling warm.
Unless you are a bat?
Incubating dinosaur eggs.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I thought a few years ago they said they would stop selling them for environmental reasons? Or was that making them? But I still see plenty on the shelves.

I thought a few years ago they said they would stop selling them for environmental reasons? Or was that making them? But I still see plenty on the shelves.
I think you are right. First they barred the large chain stores selling them then they were going to ban them altogether. I assume they changed their minds?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
On a cycling theme, there was a fussy customer in my local bike shop on Saturday who was suggesting the lights they had in stock were not legal.

They have the usual selection; Cateye, Lezyne, and brands I've not heard of.

The manager of the shop patiently explained to the customer that what he had read online was probably a mis-interpretation of the legislation which says bike lights should be lit by a filament bulb.

Filament was specified to make wick lights - paraffin or wax - no longer legal.

The argument being a modern LED is not a filament bulb.

Technically, the customer may even be correct, but I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting LED bike lights are illegal.

After all that, the customer bought a £7.99 LED light - but not before he'd blagged a small bag of cheap reflectors and fixings.

We gave him those to head off another 20 minute discussion about reflector regulations.

Levo-Lon

Guru
On a cycling theme, there was a fussy customer in my local bike shop on Saturday who was suggesting the lights they had in stock were not legal.

The manager of the shop patiently explained to the customer that what he had read online was probably a mis-interpretation of the legislation which says bike lights should be lit by a filament bulb.

Technically, the customer may even be correct, but I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting LED bike lights are illegal.

After all that, the customer bought a £7.99 LED light - but not before he'd blagged a small bag of cheap reflectors and fixings.

We gave him those to head off another 20 minute discussion about reflector regulations.

I think he uses this forum..:laugh:

Milkfloat

An Peanut

The customer has been wrong since 1994, before that he was correct though.

Top Bottom