Will I manage to save it ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
About 15 years ago my other half planted 2 conker's in a small pot of compost each . Surprisingly they both took and have grown each year with nice green leaves etc etc .

When her daughter moved out of the family home 3 year's ago we gave her one of the saplings to nurture and look after.

IMG_20170825_140644665.jpg

Well here it is .

Just given it some fresh compost and water so will see what happens next .

What are my chances fellow cc'ers ?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
It's got 2 chances as my mum would say.

Venod

Eh up
Take it out of the pot and put it in the garden, we have several conker trees in the gardens up our street, the squirrels bury the conkers everywhere we are constantly pulling up new growing trees, you may have to put it in compost and feed it.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Take it out of the pot and put it in the garden, we have several conker trees in the gardens up our street, the squirrels bury the conkers everywhere we are constantly pulling up new growing trees, you may have to put it in compost and feed it.

Must admit we have thought about doing that before but our gardens not really big enough , which is a shame

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Won't thrive in a pot: better in bare ground. Horse chestnut's prospects aren't great long-term. Bacterial infection is prevalent nationwide, and it's not recommended to plant any longer. There's one resistant variety - aesculus indica - if you must have one. No leaves is suspect. Scratch the bark off with your nail - if it's green it's still living

Top Bottom