Will power meters become affordable in future?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It still feels like it's in development but the Avio PowerSence is closer to affordable at £150
https://www.avio.mobi/store/retrofi...65JiQJ-Ycy23XLJGmrY6EddToPDEPX_hoCv4wQAvD_BwE
My first shop fitted one didn't read at all.
So Avio recalibrated it in their factory but it either didn't read or read superman. It also tended to drop out into a cold wind.
Avio then did a fresh factory install and that unit seems pretty stable over the last year and a bit. My only criticism is it was a bit slow to wake up.
I recently got a slightly more expensive 4iiii unit and its results make me feel what the Avio PowerSense was telling me was good. The 4iiii reads a little lower on average as it seems to be slightly more willing to read low when you ease of the pedals but the max seems good. The Avio PowerSense was used last winter with a inner tube as protection. I'll probably use it again this winter.

Baldy

Über Member
Will power meters become affordable in the future?

What is a"Will power meter"? And how do they work?

Nebulous

Guru
I’ve looked at them occasionally, but I have a discrepancy between my two legs, so would want dual-sided. I’d be ready to pay around the price of a one-sided meter, £300 or so for a dual-sided one.

Then again, I fancy a new Garmin, am toying with the idea of a new bike, and more practically the zip on my best club top has just broken.

At any price a power meter will have to take its place in the queue.

Top Bottom