Wind assisted cycling!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
guaranteed a tailwind home,,,but I see an issue for anyone trying to get a slip stream off him :laugh:

Drago

Legendary Member
One imagines that Plod may have some thoughts on that.
I don't think they'd be pleased, but having mulled it over i'm not sure theres much they could do.

If he'd bolted it to the bike, then the bike would become a motor vehicle. Naughty.

However, worn on the back its a means of propulsion, but it isn't a vehicle in its own right, or part of a vehicle. It falls own the cracks between laws, and I cn't think of any applicable laws.

Grasping at straws they might try the catch-all old 'public nuisance' law (never been a copper in scotland, so I don't know if they have that law) but thats desperation measures and I doubt a charge would be forthcoming.

Of course, if he took off then it would become the Civil Aviation Authority's problem.

Drago

Legendary Member
Leaving aside that its scotland and I never pounded the beat there (I wasnt hard enough) there's no specific law outlawing something for simply being dangerous. Again, were it a motor vehicle and in a dangerous condition or state then there could be applicqble regs there, but it isn't a motor vehicle.

byegad

Legendary Member
Leaving aside that its scotland and I never pounded the beat there (I wasnt hard enough) there's no specific law outlawing something for simply being dangerous. Again, were it a motor vehicle and in a dangerous condition or state then there could be applicqble regs there, but it isn't a motor vehicle.
No law against it? I'm sure I could charge him for 'being in possession of a small brain likely to cause offence'.

Top Bottom