Wind farm bliss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Jaded said:
Anti-windfarm propaganda is nothing to do with MTBing. However long you have been in the Green Party!

You seemed to think that arguing about wind farms was interesting enough until you started losing the argument. Check your first post - not even a mention of cycling. Shocking. :biggrin:;) I think that's enough now...

domtyler

Über Member
Whether or not they make for good mountain biking is irrelevant. These ghastly, noisy, inefficient, ineffectual, bird killing machines should be ripped out of their concrete footings and consigned both to the bottom of the sea and the history books. For all our sakes.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
domtyler said:
Whether or not they make for good mountain biking is irrelevant. These ghastly, noisy, inefficient, ineffectual, bird killing machines should be ripped out of their concrete footings and consigned both to the bottom of the sea and the history books. For all our sakes.

You're too late and too stupid. Sorry. Try the Energy Policy thread in Politics...

Jaded

Flying_Monkey said:
You seemed to think that arguing about wind farms was interesting enough until you started losing the argument. Check your first post - not even a mention of cycling. Shocking. ;);) I think that's enough now...

You don't seem to be able to grasp that you changed the tack of this thread by introducing your propaganda.

I have lost no argument. You never provided one, just some flim flam and obfuscation.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Jaded said:
You don't seem to be able to grasp that you changed the tack of this thread by introducing your propaganda.

I have no problem with knowing that I changed the tack of the thread, actually. I took what was already there, and added and extended that part. So you are wrong again wth another unjustified assumption.

I have lost no argument. You never provided one, just some flim flam and obfuscation.

Ha ha. You are really very funny. You were quite willing to try to argue about windfarms until you realised you were up against people who weren't quite so stupid (see how both Waffly and I dismissed your 'challenge' for example), and then when you'd exhausted your store of straw men and found your imputations and assumptions were all entirely unjustified, you start becomint incoherent and then accusing other people of irrelevence in even starting the discussion in the first place.

Hilarious. If you really thought that was important you would have said so straight away rather than what you did do, which was quite willingly get involved in a discussion about wind farms.

Enough with the hypocrisy. You are really making yourself look rather silly and as I have no desire to keep kicking someone when they are down, this will be my last post on this thread.

Jaded

It seems that we have to return to the post that you never answered.

Jaded said:
So, given you want both - tell me where all the consumption stuff is? Where exactly is this set of proper policies? All I see is a ROC fuelled dash to go green in generation alone.

Frankly your attitude is exactly the attitude that encourages Joe Public to go on consuming with impunity. Throw some lovely turbines up where only a few walkers go and everything will be alright. <rolls eyes>

You didn't answer the last point (you asked if I was talking about your policies!) and you skirted round the first.

You simply told us all that you were right because you have been a member of the Green Party since you were legally able to smoke.

I respect Wafflycat's views, even though I disagree with some of them. It would suit you better not to bring them into to shore up your stance.

I never thought you were stupid, however in this thread you show that you can be.

wafflycat

Actually Jaded, FM did answer - and to help keep the MTB board, more MTB and less political, he started a thread on this issue over on the politics & life board, a more appropriate home for this sort of discussion, especially when it gets to be, err... longwinded. ;)

Jaded

Indeed. He started a new thread but hasn't actually responded to posts on his thread. ;)

Jaded

Largely to praise high rise, condemn Thatcher and impugn Andyfromottly.

Not a lot of input on energy policy. :angry:

GilesM

Legendary Member
Jaded said:
Largely to praise high rise, condemn Thatcher and impugn Andyfromottly.

Not a lot of input on energy policy. ;)

And possibly to tell us all that he is very clever, but to say that would just be childish, and this is the MTB section and it would be hypocritcal of me to post non MTB replies, so I'll keep quiet.:smile:

Top Bottom