Wind Vietnam + Laos + Thailand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thomas2018

We (Dietmar and Thomas) have already cycled around the world.

For this year depending on the wind we are planning to cycle from Hongkong to Bangkok or from Bangkok to Hongkong.

To: 9. April

upload_2018-1-1_20-21-30.png

Which route would you recommend to have a higher chance of back wind?
*) Hongkong to Bangkok
*) Bangkok to Hongkong

Thank you
Br
Dietmar & Thomas

Slick

Guru
Sounds amazing, good luck with that.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
The summer monsoon induces a counter-clockwise circulation around southern and eastern Asia, resulting in generally southerly and westerly windsin Vietnam. The winter monsoon creates the opposite circulation, resulting in mainly northerly and easterly winds.

The summer monsoon induces a counter-clockwise circulation around southern and eastern Asia, resulting in generally southerly and westerly windsin Vietnam. The winter monsoon creates the opposite circulation, resulting in mainly northerly and easterly winds.
Steve,s info about the Monsoon is good info, as i found that when some years ago I rode from Singapore to HK wind was least of my problems, it was the heavy rains that caused the most problems with bad flooding, From experance from living in South East Asia mid July to September is typhoon season in the Hong Kong area. Northern Vietnam best Months to travel are November to March, same for Laos and thailand. But heavy rain can happen at anytime, once you have been in country for a while you can in most cases look at your watch and predict when the Rain will arrive, find a cafe before it hits, a hour latter it stops and you can be on your way.

Top Bottom