Windcheetah for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Heads up before it goes to ebay.

This is a rarer than rare chance to buy a Windcheetah of Significant Historical Interest. Old Number Two. Yup you read it right.

(nb. You may not be aware that there is a little confusion over Burrows early frame numbers. Windcheetah 001 wasn't a recumbent trike. So this machine is in effect the first Windcheetah SL (street legal) or 'Speedy' as we know it.)

Raced at the Brighton speed trials this trike is the Daddy of them all. It features a welded aluminum cruciform frame, 27" rear wheel with 20"X 11/8th fronts, joystick steering as on all subsequent Speedies and the usual fibreglass seat.

However, please be under no illusions that this machine is ready to roll or that, if you've had a hankering after a Windcheetah and cant afford a new one, that this represents a instantly rideable bargain.

Old Number Two is old. nearly thirty actually. Before it was old it was a one-off prototype human-powered-vehicle. It has for example a five speed screw on freewheel, friction shifters, the chain-set is on the wrong side and it has many hand made components. Do not buy this trike unless you have a decent level of mechanical competency.

I'm selling because I haven't the time to fix it, the time to ride it when it's fixed or the space to store it. And, if it's not asking too much, I'd like to see it go to a new home where it'll be sensitively restored and appreciated for the snapshot of history it is rather than hot-rodded with new componentry.

Pictures to come, also, somewhere, I have a link to some history of it.

It's the machine referred to in this thread;

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1590&PN=1&title=historic-windcheetah-for-sale

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
I used to own Number Three (known as number two) and still regret selling it. So I'm looking forward to regretting selling this too!

Top Bottom