Window Salesman... What was all that about?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slowgrind

Best put down for any door to door or tele. sales is to say that you are a tenant , not the owner of the property. They soon loose interest if they think that your not the organ grinder.

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

Thing is, the guy was almost in tears. I've worked selling, I'm also from a family where everyone else is a salesman, and this wasn't a ploy, it was the salesmans boss trying to humiliate his employee.

I'm going to pop in to their showroom today, see what I make of this boss man.

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

Made sense of it now.

The manager, it transpires, had no intention of offering me the windows at that price, he was simply convinced that the salesperson hadn't done a good enough job of convincing us that the product was good. He wanted to ask us whether we would buy the windows if they were 500 quid; whether that was to test whether the salesman or try to get us haggling and signing, I have no idea. But he was adamant that he wasn't offering the job at that price!

The salesman had done a good job, but we told him from the outset that we wouldn't be signing today. And thats something the manager just doesn't understand.

In my opinion, having gone into the branch to discuss the offer, the manager is a pushy, over-confident, loudmouthed, hard selling bully. Was adamant that we wouldn't get the same price in a weeks time if we decide then, the price would be higher. Wouldn't even say that they'd re-assess and work out the price afresh, it would be higher. Which is, of course, a rather desperate lie.

Well, he gan go **** himself with a rusty fish slice. His product isn't demonstrably better or cheaper than anyone elses.

How on earth does someone like that ever sell anything?

snorri

Legendary Member
IME, these well known national companies are equally expensive at the outset, and allow for being beaten down but still make a healthy profit and their sales pitch makes me squirm.
I dealt with a smaller local company, their boss man came along measured up gave a price, local people fitted the windows and after sales service is good, the whole transaction was a more pleasant and less expensive experience.

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

We've got a one man operation with an excellent local reputation coming round this week to measure up and provide a quote. Looking forward to that one more than the national companies! :tongue:

Top Bottom