Windows 10 - Free office suite

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have just bought a laptop with Windows 10. I rarely use it for letters but would like the option, just in case. Is there a totally free app that I could use for this purpose?

Drago

Legendary Member
OpenOffice is widely used and free, is quite decent. AbiWord is good as well.

figbat

Slippery scientist
The online versions of the MS Office apps are free to use aren't they?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I reckon that 99% of all word processor users only use 1% of the features, so why not just use the simplest possible free software available? I had Open Office installed on one machine and it seemed fine, but I didn't really need it so it never got used.

(I don't even bother with a 'proper' word processor. On the rare occasions that I write a letter/document these days I just use Wordpad!)

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The only downside of Open Office is the lack of a decent grammar checker... but the MS grammar checker is far too picky and pedantic and annoys the feck out of me. :cursing:

The main reason I use Open Office is because its document recovery just works. I set it to autosave every three minutes and in the event of a power cut, i'll not lose more than a couple of minutes of work. MS Office also has an autosave and recovery feature, but it's let me down every sodding time I've needed it :thumbsdown:

Top Bottom