Windows 10 Reset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I have a Windows 10 user account issue.

The PC concerned has two user accounts both with, as far as I can tell, the same administrator permissions. To my mind if both have the same permissions both should have full access to the machine.

One does, call it User A, the other, User B, does not.

I want to remove User A entirely and give User B full access. Everything I have tried to give User B full access has failed. Removing User A appears simple.

I'm now considering a full PC reset. I'm confident in doing this. I know I must have two full external backups in case of losing files. I have access to any programmes which would need reinstalling.

My understanding is a PC reset effectively provides a new installation which means I can add User B as a completely new user.

I have one concern which I cannot find an answer to. Can I be sure at reset all existing user accounts will be wiped? If the PC "remembers" the user accounts my time is wasted. I think a new install is just that but need to be certain.

Answers in plain English please as I am not tech savvy!!!

Thanks

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It wipes the users. Just back up everything in my documents. You'll need to add software back in like office etc etc.

Done it a few times. We recently chainged the main pc at home so just backed up emails and documents onto a usb then copied them back over.

U

User6179

If you run Command prompt as administrator and type in wmic useraccount get name,sid it will give you list of user accounts , you can then check after reset that the account has successfully been deleted .

Top Bottom