Windows 11

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does anyone know if the slow running on some machines has been sorted out by the updates?
Not heard about it, although one of mine fell foul of the 'unresponsive Downloads folder' issue...

keithmac

Guru
Some chap on YouTube was installing Windows11 on all sorts of none compliant computers, seems there's a program on GitHub that circumvents the security checks.

Mike_P

Guru
W10 ran horribly slow when an update was downloading in the background, not noticed it on W11 so it's a bit of surprise seeing an right hand task bar icon pop up for an update restart being needed.

Some chap on YouTube was installing Windows11 on all sorts of none compliant computers, seems there's a program on GitHub that circumvents the security checks.
Much easier than that, just use Rufus to burn the USB. It has a built-in option to modify the ISO file to bypass the checks. Currently running 4 W11 machines, none of them compliant. Just get the latest Media Creation tool from Microsoft and get it to download the ISO, then use Rufus to burn it after telling it what disk style to use. Job done.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Having had a look at the spec for my Dell today I discover it has only 4Gb RAM. I think that may have been the problem, especially as some apps on W10 are painfully slow to load.

8GB stick ordered so when I fit it I might give W11 another try.

Having had a look at the spec for my Dell today I discover it has only 4Gb RAM. I think that may have been the problem, especially as some apps on W10 are painfully slow to load.

8GB stick ordered so when I fit it I might give W11 another try.
4GB should easily be enough, unless you're doing something heavyweight. 8GB certainly won't hurt, though.

Top Bottom