Windows shortcuts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
My daughter saw me laboriously screen-grabbing and showed me shift+windows key+s. Cool! To my surprise she shortly afterwards asked me how I'd italicised something - ctrl+i. I thought everyone knew that. Apparently not. Another one I came across recently I wish I'd known earlier - in Microsoft Word shift+f3 changes case - so if you've done a whole sentence in UPPER CASE COS YOU FAILED TO NOTICE YOU'D TURNED CAPS LOCK ON, just highlight it, shift+f3 and sanity is returned. Ctrl+z is another good one - undoes your most recent action.

Any others I ought to know about?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Easy one first..
Ctrl + c copies the text/link
Ctrl + v posts it where you want.

dodgy

Windows + x then u then s
Puts pc into sleep mode. I use it a lot as I come into and out of the office over a day.

dodgy

Really? How the hell does it do that? Does it really work?

Yup!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Aside from the really obvious ones not yet mentioned like Ctrl A to select all, I use Windows Shift and Left or Right Arrow to moves apps from one multiple display to another.
My favourite one is actually for Chrome Browser 'Ctrl Shift T' to reopen tabs or windows that you accidently closed. You can go a long way back using it repeatedly.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
1589539620453.png

Hmmm, I say I say, hmmmm

si_c

Guru
Aside from the really obvious ones not yet mentioned like Ctrl A to select all, I use Windows Shift and Left or Right Arrow to moves apps from one multiple display to another.

If you don't use the shift key you can also move windows around the same screen and tile them into groups - particularly useful on large displays or when typing a document and referring to another on a single display.

Slick

Guru
I've got to do everything the long way round so I was looking forward to picking up a few tips on this thread but it's only highlighted the reason for that as I've forgotten most of them already. :blush::laugh:

Top Bottom