Windows wont start.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
To start i have sort of semi sorted this, but not 100%, up on starting windows wont load and sometime wouldn't reboot from the the reset switch, needed the p.s.u. to be turned off and on.

I took the 2nd ram module out (it has 4Gb 2x2Gb Geil Silver 800MHz DDR2) and it booted.
I removed my ram this morning (4x2Gb Geil Orange 800MHz DDR2, different system) and tried the ram module in my system just the 2Gb in single channel mode and it worked fine, took one of my Geil Orange and put it with the Geil silver on the above effected machine, and it boots fine, in my system at the mo there is 3 Geil Orange and one Silver and its running fine.
I will take some pictures tomorrow and transfer them, that usually shows any memory errors, I know memtest does but had fault ram before that past, but didn't copy pictures properly.

Any suggestions. I cant recall the other MOBO at the mo I will check later, but its running an AM2 Dual core 4800 I think, ( I have so many running round my head cant remember them all), the core temps ran a bit high when I first put it in, until I fitted a Arctic Freezer 7.

Tried putting the removed stick back in instead of the other one and repeat the tests ?

OP
OP
Nigelnaturist
I did retry the effect module, but need to check again since the mobo is working with a different module, but I have been busy, and at the mo its working, its just weird really when I get chance i will do a full memtest when I find the disk.

Top Bottom