Windsurfing by bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Is this cheating? Haven't been out the last couple of days due to the severe weather; rain and gales. The forecast for tomorrow is more strong winds blowing from the north west, but supposed to be dry at last :smile:. The forecast wind direction would give me a nice tailwind for the 40 mile or so ride to Ayr (watch out Fran!) where I can get on a nice warm train to take me home again, into the wind.
It would also give me the chance to try out the new disc brakes on my MTB as the adaptor bracket is waiting to be picked up at the local GPO.

Peteaud

Veteran
No its not cheating, your simply using nature to assist and then due to adverse conditions re routing:laugh:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Did it! Hard to believe I was in the same part of the planet as I was yesterday and the day before. The sun was out, it was reasonably mild and I had a nice tail-wind. The only clue to the weather of the last couple of months was all the trees fallen over the various minor roads and cycle paths I used, and flooding in places too. A pleasant day out, but I fear it was only a small window of opportunity according to the weather forecast.

As always - nothing that can't be done better with a recumbent trike

solopic.jpg

Top Bottom