Wine.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I do seriously love wine. I don't know much about it, but I love the taste of it and its history and mystery (ooh that rhymes). I just think wine is one of the real joys of life.

Noodley

Cathryn said:
I do seriously love wine. I don't know much about it, but I love the taste of it and its history and mystery (ooh that rhymes). I just think wine is one of the real joys of life.

Me too. I used to have my own wine business. Now I earn lots more money but have much less fun.

Abitrary

The best wine in the world is hungarian 14.5% cabinet savignon.

Not foul, and get's you where you're going to end up sooner or later and for half the price.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Abitrary said:
The best wine in the world is hungarian 14.5% cabinet savignon.

Not foul, and get's you where you're going to end up sooner or later and for half the price.

Meths and tonic. Or IPA from the HazChem stores at work. That's IsoPropyl Alcohol, not India Pale Ale.
Erm - not a good idea, kiddies, mmmmkay?:sad:
I'm actually drinking Eiswein at the moment, though my usual fermented grape juice of choice is Burgundy. :smile:

Night Train

Maker of Things
I don't know much about wine (evidently) and I don't know what I would like anymore. I used to drink Gallo's white grenache but have really gone off it a few years back.

Noodley

Cathryn said:
Why did you stop?

No money. :sad:

Still paying for it...:ohmy: But only 5 years to go - I could not bring myself to declare myself bankrupt, although it may have been easier.

It was a good business for a while (national press recognition and well respected) then the 'big boys' got a bit annoyed with me taking their business so they went into my accounts and undercut me bigstyle. I cant blame the restaurants...

As for the retail side. Tesco got well arsey - understandably when they cut prices on a local level and started to stock fine wines at a reduced level my customers went to them...

I also had an empoyee who 'did the dirty' on me ;)

And a long-arm business advisor who saw how well I was doing, resigned from his business advisor's job and joined one of the wine companies who undercut me. :biggrin::angry::angry: Funnily enough I saw him today for the first time in years when he was delivering wine to a restaurant I was eating in - looks like he has been 'let go' by the company and has now got his own business. And not doing too well by the look of it. Which I take no pleasure from. But...no actually, it's just one of those things. Mrs Noodley asked if I was going to speak to him; I declined as I thought it may just lead to him being a bit uncomfortable.

I tried, I did well for a while, some stuff happened.

Cathryn said:
That's really sad. I think it's really brave of you to resist bankrupcy and face the debts. Very noble.

Or foolish unwise! :biggrin:

At least you had a crack at it, Noodley; more than most do, I suppose.

Stephenite

Membå
Resurrecting this thread.

Sigurd "Satyr" Wongraven, local bloke and vocalist, etc in black metal band Satyricon has conjured up this rather good Reisling.

20180929_190055.jpg

Top Bottom