Wing-mirrors, dogshite & sergant stripes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garrilla

I've noticed for a while that a lot of cars have their wing mirror badly positioned, but this morning there was one that was so badly positioned that the driver could not possible see any thing from his near-side wing mirror but people on the pavement. I tend not to filter up the inside if I can;t see the driver and catch their their eye as a better-safe-than-sorry policy. I do't think they are mandatory but you;d think that most drivers would use them. I did wonder why people don't correct them.

But then again... As I left the house I rode over a peice of dogshite. Unfortuanately, it stuck to my wheel and whized up into the mudgards and stuck there. It was with for at least 8 miles. Not a great smell. I should have stopped at somepoint - perhaps whe it happened - and removed the offending item.

I was firing off a lot of snot rockets this morning. Mostly I wait until lights and other junctions and do each nostril in turn. But when I'm whizzing along I tend to do both in one single expulsion. My aim was a little off today and I arrived at work with much slug mess on my upper arm. I decided to name them 'Sergant Stripes'.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Ew, gross! ;) What a delectable commute you had.

JiMBR

Cheers for that garrilla...it has cheered up my day!

Not the part about the mirrors ofc...

The dogshite and Sargeant Stripes were hilarious! ;)

Amanda P

Legendary Member
A disturbing number of people never use mirrors at all.

Except for shaving or applying makeup.

While they're driving.

Sometimes doing all three at the same time.

I made the last bit up.

Sam the Eagle

the cycle lane I take every day near the Oval is covered in dog sh*t. I suspect one b*st*rd walks his dog there on purpose

smeg

I've had dog shite on my bike too, it ended up on both tyres, a bit stuck on my right shoe and pedal and on my rucksack and rear basket. :biggrin: Spread it around a bit! Trodden around at work no doubt and at home as well :biggrin: Am not sure whether it was a deposit from our own dog or someone else's and how it ended up where it did (everywhere). I was cleaning my bike and changing the front brake pad this afternoon, even after cleaning it off the tyres I can still smell it. Crap.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
This thread is nothing without mailing a scratch-and-sniff card with the respective smells on them to each CC poster.
(not particularly snappy, that one...)

Top Bottom