Winter Bib Tights Recommendations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cool_hand

Über Member
I recently purchased a pair of Le Col Hors Categorie Bib Tights (size XL).

I'm 5' 10" / 36" waist.

The tights are good quality but I find them a bit long in the leg + there are few other niggles where I think they could be improved!

Would be interested to hear some alternative recommendations that might work better for my height/leg-length; with or without zips.

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
I have just bought these from Rapha and having tried them on I’m extremely impressed with the quality, fit, style, VFM ... everything !. I would opt for size ‘L’ from your supplied dims.

I bought some Caratti Sport winter bibs for £20 last year. Have been excellent apart from the sticker on the side started to peel. Very comfy.

OP
OP
cool_hand

cool_hand

Über Member
I have just bought these from Rapha and having tried them on I’m extremely impressed with the quality, fit, style, VFM ... everything !. I would opt for size ‘L’ from your supplied dims.

Hi, I looked at Rapha and I really liked the Cargo Winter Tights (I own a pair of the Core Cargo Shorts) but I didn't like the price!

I'm a size XL in the Cargo Shorts and would think I'd be the same in the Core Winter Tights.

What size did you wear? Can you tell me what he inside leg measures?

Colin Grigson

I’m 5’ 7’’, my tights hanging in the wardrobe measure 70’’ from crutch to ankle hem. I ordered ‘M’ and they look like they were tailor made. The material is gorgeous, thick and warm ... worth the few pennies extra in my view :okay: ... hope you find what you’re after !

OP
OP
cool_hand

cool_hand

Über Member
I’m 5’ 7’’, my tights hanging in the wardrobe measure 70’’ from crutch to ankle hem. I ordered ‘M’ and they look like they were tailor made. The material is gorgeous, thick and warm ... worth the few pennies extra in my view :okay: ... hope you find what you’re after !
Thanks. What is you waist size? Rapha is sold out of sizes L & XL.
FYI: the Le Col measure 31" (79 cm) centre crotch to hem but could be made to fit longer (stretch) – up to 33/34".

Colin Grigson

Thanks. What is you waist size? Rapha is sold out of sizes L & XL.
FYI: the Le Col measure 31" (79 cm) centre crotch to hem but could be made to fit longer (stretch) – up to 33/34".
I’m 34’’ waist , my tights would stretch much longer too - the measurement I gave you were them hanging flaccid ^_^

si_c

Guru
I'm really impressed with the basic dhb winter tights from Wiggle. I've got a couple of pairs, plenty warm enough and fit me comfortably in a 2XL - although I'm 6'5" so they may be long for you.

vickster

Legendary Member
Lusso are well regarded, as are Galibier if you don’t want to spend 3 figures
https://www.lusso.bike/collections/mens-bibtights
https://galibier.cc/product/bib-tights/

OP
OP
cool_hand

cool_hand

Über Member
I’m 34’’ waist , my tights would stretch much longer too - the measurement I gave you were them hanging flaccid ^_^
Maybe I size down to a Large so I get a shorter leg? At 31" there was at least one to two inches of fabric more than I needed!

ms10

Regular
I have Santini Svolta and they're pretty good. The pad is foam rather than gel, so isn't as good as my Le Col Pro shorts, but they're warm enough and will bead away any rain or spray.
I have them in large. I'm 32 waist, 34 leg and 5'11". The fit around leg and waist is perfect. Though the shoulder straps are maybe a little short.

Top Bottom