Winter Bike for £500-550

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

girofan

Can someone help? I'm now getting desperate!
Don't want to use my Specialized, Record equiped bike this winter.
What I require is a 62cm alloy frame with carbon fork, and mudguard eyes. Campag. Mirage kit, but minus wheels and saddle, as I already have these.
Dealers only seem to have average sizes, 53-57cm. Even Ribble only go to 60cm.
If you do know of a solution, please reply on the Forum or a message!
Dealers I have e-mailed do not reply. Is £550 not worth them getting off their ar**s! :biggrin:

Bigtallfatbloke

I can't help but I know how you feel about dealers being a large guy myself. I feel like I am some kind of freak in the UK being a whacking 6'4" tall:rolleyes: It seems this place is dominated by small to average peeps:angry:.

I also ride a 64cm frame.

Assuming from your frame size you are a simialr height to me can i ask you a personal question?

Where do you go to get cycle clothes that actually fit????
In particular winter bib tights?

We 'normal' peeps need to stick together against the freaky smaller dudes:biggrin:

slow down

girofan said:
Can someone help? I'm now getting desperate!
Don't want to use my Specialized, Record equiped bike this winter.
What I require is a 62cm alloy frame with carbon fork, and mudguard eyes. Campag. Mirage kit, but minus wheels and saddle, as I already have these.
Dealers only seem to have average sizes, 53-57cm. Even Ribble only go to 60cm.
If you do know of a solution, please reply on the Forum or a message!
Dealers I have e-mailed do not reply. Is £550 not worth them getting off their ar**s! :biggrin:

You shouldn't pay too much attention to quoted sizes. Top tube length can vary quite a bot between manufacturers. I think Ribble's have quite long top tubes to seat tube, so a 60cm may be okay.

slow down

Juts looked on Ribble website - their 60cm Winter frame looks to have a longer top tube as a 61cm Bianchi, so may be worth a shot. Frame's £129 at the moment, plus free forks. They do built up bikes for around £500, but you may already be aware of that?

OP
OP
G

girofan

:biggrin: Well BTFB I usually get my winter bibs from Lusso as they have longer braces than most and are not skin-tight. Also I find the more you pay the better the fit. I'm also 6'4", but am only 13.8 stone and most of my height is in my legs!
Thanks to all for your replies. It gives me hope and something to think about.:biggrin:

Top Bottom