Winter clothing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
This then rolls forward to the next issue. When I was looking at the aforementioned, there seems to be a certain expectation of thinness. I am 5'6" tall, and shall we say a little heavier than I would like to be :angel:. Most importantly I have only 29 inches available in my leg on a good day, yet an optimistic 40 inches around my waist (currently).
This seems to be an unacceptable combination. I have also looked at leggy things (cycling stockings?) but am unsure...

Similar to my old proportions :whistle:

I use medium DHB thermal bibs. They are a touch long in the leg but not enough that you would notice and ample room for my old waist measurement.

Tracky bottoms or leggings worn over padded cycling shorts. You may have to cut and hem the length. Some shapes prefer bib style leggings. The padded part is worn as underwear and should be clean.
Winter thickness wool rich socks.
More generous sized shoes.

Cooldown after a ride.

13 rider

Guru
Leg warmers take out the waist measurement so a pair of these would be my suggestion . As for cycling 10 miles a day take it from me who has done this for over 2 years it will not get you as fit as you think you will reach a certain level and then just plateau recovery is important

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Bibs longs really don't care about waist measurements as they are lycra and stretchy, the height is the important bit to get right.

I am not keen on the full Lycra kit but I have some Inov8 winter leggings for trail running and they are bloody brilliant. Waterproof frontal area and wind proof like a rain coat. Stretchy and comfortable and not a tight legging style fit. I have the smock for running but don’t use that on the bike. Keeps me very warm either on bike or trail running.

https://www.inov-8.com/winter-running-tight-mens-2
I think on website is a promo video of graphene boots (also excellent) with Jay Morton and the black pants he has on are them

View: https://youtu.be/h6nYwid8Ctk

Last edited:
if riding isn't a problem, just the warm shower afterwards, maybe wait to shower & keep riding in shorts?

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Being an OAP, I'm beginning to consider more traditional forms of leg-wear.
IMG_20201225_113438414~2.jpg

Top Bottom