Winter cycling gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've been using Galibier Barrier winter gloves for the past couple of years. They're the best out of 8-10 different pairs I have, including Sealskinz and other much more expensive ones.

I just bought a pair of those. Unfortunately their first ride was just about the worst conditions I've seen in decades and either they wetted out or water got down the sleeves and in.

Was sorted at the coffee stop by begging for a pair of disposable gloves. Really nice warm hands on the way home.

This week's ride was a more normal amount of rain and they were lovely and warm. I'd definitely size up though for a bit more wiggle room.

(And I'm carrying my own PPE gloves just in case...)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Be aware, everyone is different, and if you are someone who suffers with the cold then you'll need something much warmer. I go with different gloves, and only the thicker ones as it get's near zero or below.

At the last count I had about 8 pairs of winter gloves depending on the conditions.

I'm sure Sky issued their riders with about 13 different types of glove one year!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Mild and wet
Cold and wet
Cold and dry
Cold and sunny
Mild and dry
Mild and sunny

Long ride
Short ride

Need different approaches. Also as Fossyant says different folks different needs, different conditions, different gloves or mitts.

vickster

Legendary Member
It’s the same OP posted twice

Struggled this eve on the way back, glove liners and then some “reasonable“ neoprene gloves on top, hands froze though🥶 but it was -10

Will probably nab the kids ski gloves tomorrow😉

Top Bottom