Winter cycling jersey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Not sure whether to by a fleece lined cycling jersey or just stick to base layer and long sleeve jersey - thoughts????

Stick with your base layer, IMO layering strategies are better anyway. I've a winter cycling jersey lined with something, I hardly ever wear it, it too thick to use with a base layer and on its own against the skin it doesn't feel good, it tends to mop up sweat; whereas I've a few thinner jerseys and use them all the time with base layers, they seem to wick the sweat better.

henshaw11

It really depends on how hot you run, how much effort you put in etc- IME fleecy jerseys work well, you can still layer them - sounds like HLab was unfortunate to have one that wasn't comfortable.

For years I've used a (now very old) Corinne Dennis ls jersey with a brushed/thermal inner face (sadly not made any more), and a few years ago bought a fleecy Northwave ls jersey - both feel fine straight against the skin. When it's not cold enough for those it's an old knitted-type Helly Hansen under a ss jersey, when it gets *really* cold then its a thermal/thin merino layer under the CD or Northwave jersey.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Always layer up for me, never use a winter jerseyin the coldest my torso has a ss base layer, ls base layer, ss jersey and a wind proof jacket.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
I recently bought a long sleeve SKY team top which is fleece lined, and is really walm. It was end of sale so got it cheap. I use this with a Gilet for layers.

Top Bottom