Winter Hack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moby Jones

The weather here on the west coast of Scotland has went down hill rapidily the last few weeks. My Cannondale caad 8 is not set up for the winter so i have been thinking about getting some cheap hack to use during the floods, ice and snow.
My wife has an old mountain bike sitting in the hall cupboard. Is it acceptable for a chap to ride a womens bike ^_^
I will probably work on a winter bike project in time for next winter but this year i am stuck. What would you recommend????

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
So long as you dont start wearing her clothes and make up then I cant see a problem. MTB with some smooth tyres can make a good hack bike.

Brandane

Legendary Member
The weather here on the west coast of Scotland has went down hill rapidily the last few weeks. My Cannondale caad 8 is not set up for the winter so i have been thinking about getting some cheap hack to use during the floods, ice and snow.
My wife has an old mountain bike sitting in the hall cupboard. Is it acceptable for a chap to ride a womens bike ^_^
I will probably work on a winter bike project in time for next winter but this year i am stuck. What would you recommend????

I have to disagree with you here. The weather on the west coast of Scotland has NOT gone downhill rapidly; it has ALWAYS been sh!te! Did you not use the CAAD8 during the rain and floods of the "summer"? After all, you do live in Inverclyde :thumbsup:. To be slightly more helpful... Yes, I would use the wifes bike. Remember to take the basket off first, and throw some mud over the frame to disguise the pink paintwork!

OP
OP
Moby Jones

Moby Jones

I have to disagree with you here. The weather on the west coast of Scotland has NOT gone downhill rapidly; it has ALWAYS been sh!te! Did you not use the CAAD8 during the rain and floods of the "summer"? After all, you do live in Inverclyde :thumbsup:. To be slightly more helpful... Yes, I would use the wifes bike. Remember to take the basket off first, and throw some mud over the frame to disguise the pink paintwork!

Been in the states for the last 3 and a half weeks , nice 80 degree weather there so when I got back home noticed the weather was crap. Nice weather today with the floods, on the bright side I did get sent home from work at lunch time because of flooding

thnurg

Rebel without a clue
It depends what the neds are like round your way as to whether or not you get away with a ladies bike. In the 2 minutes I was trying out my wife's bike after putting new tyres on I had comments.
If you want a winter clunker and can get through to Stirling then check out Recyke a Bike. My winter hack cost me £45 from them.

Top Bottom