Winter is coming...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Danny91

Danny91

P.S. Am I the only one who saw the title of this thread and instantly thought "Game of Thrones!"

That's what I was going for. Roll on Season 3!

Some great info here, nice one guys. Going to get myself a base layer and try to survive with my short sleeve jersey and lidl cycling jacket.

I am guessing those 'Ron Hill Tracksters' are just like any nike/adidas 'sports' tracksuits. If so, I will throw them over my padded under shorts. Sorted!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
That's what I was going for. Roll on Season 3!

Some great info here, nice one guys. Going to get myself a base layer and try to survive with my short sleeve jersey and lidl cycling jacket.

I am guessing those 'Ron Hill Tracksters' are just like any nike/adidas 'sports' tracksuits. If so, I will throw them over my padded under shorts. Sorted!
Tracksters are like tracksuits but cut higher at the back to counteract builders bum when you lean forward :smile:
If like me money is tight you can pick up excellent "used" long sleeve jerseys off ebay for a couple of quid as well as many other bits of cycling kit.There are even thicker /fleecy jerseys/jackets if you shop around you can get a bargain and its ab lot better than a sweaty waterproof coat .

I used to use a windproof as a top but found that i just boiled in the bag and the jacket got a bit smelly after a while, washing it to often removes the waterproofing.
I use aldi or decathlon/sports direct base layer under a long sleeve jersey and a gilet and i am plenty warm enough ,carrying the windproof for when it gets really cold or rain.
On my legs i wear running leggings over my shorts and as long as the base layer is tucked inside my back stays warm.In an ideal world i would wear bib leggings that have shoulder straps but i use what i have got .
Tyres.. i ride on 23 mm slicks all year round and i only fell off once last year on some black ice that no tyre would have made a difference.If its really bad i.e. the grounds completely frozen /slushy etc i switch to my ebay special mtb/hybrid with semi slicks as the wider tyres feel safer and i do not mind bending anything as it cost £40, heck the tyres cost as much .

Top Bottom