Winter Olympics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I love the slope style commentating, so fresh compared to the usual fuddy duddy stuff. Where else would you get a commentator saying he couldn't feel his left leg anymore from excitment and singing about one of the competitors and having to explain what 'squirrely' meant. It made my day watching it.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I love the slope style commentating, so fresh compared to the usual fuddy duddy stuff. Where else would you get a commentator saying he couldn't feel his left leg anymore from excitment and singing about one of the competitors and having to explain what 'squirrely' meant. It made my day watching it.

If I closed my eyes it was like listening to Terry Christian on The Word all over again *shudder*

sazzaa

If I closed my eyes it was like listening to Terry Christian on The Word all over again *shudder*

Have you never watched Ski Sunday? Ed Leigh has been doing that for years! He does all the red bull programmes too. Sure he did the last winter olympics as well but I could be wrong!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am not a winter sports fan (though I do like watching biathlon) but I wasn't impressed when watching highlights of the Dubai Tour this morning, to see winter olympics results popping up on the screen! Haven't Europsort heard of spoilers, and if so, do they not realise that some people like cycling and winter sports?

Ganymede

Veteran
I am not a winter sports fan (though I do like watching biathlon) but I wasn't impressed when watching highlights of the Dubai Tour this morning, to see winter olympics results popping up on the screen! Haven't Europsort heard of spoilers, and if so, do they not realise that some people like cycling and winter sports?

I see what you mean, but the thing is that if like me you only ever see winter sport on Ski Sunday (no cable etc) then you're used to a lack of suspense. It's all about watching the technique and getting the gossip. And in the age of the internet, it's harder to avoid results anyway, it's not like the Likely Lads!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
too many subjective "sports" even if GB did win a medal in one.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Sooo, just don't watch it then? You don't like the sport or the commentators, did you just watch to have a moan about it?

Maybe he just watched it to see what it was about.

I did exactly that as it had been so hyped up - never watched it before.

Very impressive the amount of time spent in the air and clearly the competitors are skillful at what they do.

I have no idea why the rails etc are there; not exactly wintery and I don't recollect seeing any in my mountain forays over the years and it made it all feel very artificial to me..

Ultimately, after a first impression of thinking 'that's quite clever' I found it tedious as it all looked pretty much the same to me. On the upside it's a sport that imo is marginally less dull than that celebrity dancing on ice nonsense on 'the box'.

sazzaa

Maybe he just watched it to see what it was about.

I did exactly that as it had been so hyped up - never watched it before.

Very impressive the amount of time spent in the air and clearly the competitors are skillful at what they do.

I have no idea why the rails etc are there; not exactly wintery and I don't recollect seeing any in my mountain forays over the years and it made it all feel very artificial to me..

Ultimately, after a first impression of thinking 'that's quite clever' I found it tedious as it all looked pretty much the same to me. On the upside it's a sport that imo is marginally less dull than that celebrity dancing on ice nonsense on 'the box'.
The course is ridiculously hard, I've seen a few top parks and they're nothing like that one! Some of the competitors were saying it's the biggest kickers they've ever been on. Rails are a feature of every snowboard park, and notoriously difficult.

Top Bottom