winter riding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adam23

Looking to do some good training and winter miles next year sort of like my own mini season i guess,

i need to keep riding over the winter and as much as i like my turboo trainer i get bored on it and it has

no reflection of real road mile.

my question is, will my carbon frame get ruined in the winter if the roads are crap and have been salted/gritted

my friend said it will be ruined?

cheers

adam

vickster

Legendary Member
I wouldn't personally ride my carbon bike in the winter - too much danger of stacking it on wet and slippery roads, especially with skinny tyres.

Most people use a hack in the winter - I cannot see how the salt can affect the frame ( mean it's essentially plastic/composite), more everything else made of metal?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Looking to do some good training and winter miles next year sort of like my own mini season i guess,

i need to keep riding over the winter and as much as i like my turboo trainer i get bored on it and it has

no reflection of real road mile.

my question is, will my carbon frame get ruined in the winter if the roads are crap and have been salted/gritted

my friend said it will be ruined?

cheers

adam

1: Nope, just give it a wipe down
2: You friend knows nothing

lejogger

Guru
I would have thought it's the components that are more likely to suffer than the frame with the salt/grit?

Or is that also a myth?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I would have thought it's the components that are more likely to suffer than the frame with the salt/grit?

Or is that also a myth?

Nope it's not a miyth. Road salt and grit spread over the road eats components very quickly if not kept clean.

Mad at urage

Eats components, eats into your skin ... nasty stuff and not designed to be sprayed over people!

Top Bottom