Winter Tandem project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
After riding with my grandaughter using a tag along,she has know out grown it, i thought i would try a tandem with her, So today i got hold of a nice clean frame and a few bits and pieces to go with it, i plan to strip and repaint it ready for next spring, upgrade the gearing to 9 speed, and fit drop bars and make it a bit more racy, It has 26" wheels, will find some nice slicks for it, Am looking forward to our first ride.^_^

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

It's Pink, 2k paint let it dry a bit then a nice polish.

20141028_123825.jpg

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

Nearly there, just need to source a long drop caliper brake, a little fettle on the gears and we will be ready for a little shake down ride, The grand kids are going to love it.
tandum1.jpg
tandum2.jpg
It needs a few stickers to break it up a bit.

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

Well we had our first ride on the tandem today, Felt very odd to start with, We took it to our local park where they have an oval track to try it out on, after a few laps it started to feel good, the pair of us getting used to riding it, The gears were silky smooth so the time spent messing with them was worth while, ended up doing just over 5 miles, we had to stop as my grandaughter was not happy with the saddle and her feet kept slipping of the pedals, so we need to fit clipless pedals and try another saddle,Am well pleased with the build everything worked without any fiddling, will be getting out on it again in a couple of weeks time,
https://www.strava.com/activities/257917529#kudos
tandam.jpg

Top Bottom