Winter tights for girls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I have a couple of Gore pairs and a pair by Sugoi, all bought in various sales for around £50

Also mine aren't particularly thick so when it's cold I wear a pair of unpadded Altura winter cruisers over the top. Roubaix material are thicker. You could try DHB (no good for me as even the 16 isn't big enough :blush: )

What shorts do you normally wear, see if there's a long version?

OP
OP
S

sazzaa

I've been using cheap muddyfox ones from Sports Direct up until now! Feel like I should invest in a good pair for winter...

vickster

Legendary Member
Gore, Pearl Izumi, Sugoi, even Altura. Go to the shops and try a few on or order online from Wiggle with their free Collect+ returns. Bit depends on budget

Up where you are, tis very cold, I'd probably go the two layer route, the alturas are good, but more baggy that tights, snuggly though

have a look at Sigma sport's clearance too, can get some very good dealson better quality stuff if they have the right size

OP
OP
S

sazzaa

Well I have base layers for snowboarding, could probably wear them under something else... Local shops here don't have much selection for women, they might have alturas though as they have the jackets. I'll go have a scan on Wiggle.

I happened to buy the Aldi ladies ones. Only went in for shoe covers and a top, but got these as well. They're actually very good. Fit nicely and are warm. And cheap! It's a good way of working out if they're the right sort of clothing for you before splashing out on more expensive ones.

I will suggest high-end gear. As I said again and again before, you pay a lot, but you pay it once!!
Assos, Castelli, Rapha.. Pick and choose. Castelli is one of the -very- few that make gear with temperature indication. Rapha feels great and with a lot less loud design, they repair all their gear that's been worn or damaged and they replace whatever they feel its wear is not justified by the use.

I have paid a lot of money for Sugoi, Altura, Specialized, Campagnolo, Sportful.. none of which lived long enough for their money..

OP
OP
S

sazzaa

Altura ladies winter cruisers.
Not tights, but nice and warm.

Altura night vision ones get good reviews and sound cosy, might see if the local shop has any to try on.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Altura night vision ones get good reviews and sound cosy, might see if the local shop has any to try on.
I have a pair and quite like them. I thought they were quite generous in their sizing too.
Not sure how much difference there is between male and female versions but I actually have a mens small size DHB Roubaix tights from Wiggle. Just so happened they were cheaper at the time and I find them comfy and quite warm.

Top Bottom