Winter tights recommendations for the shorter legged rider

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Buck

Guru
hi

I'm wanting a pair of winter full length tights but all that I have seen or tried have been way too long in the leg.

I usually take a large size but my inside leg is only c.29 inch and the standard seems to be around 33 inch!

I had a similar issue with leg warmers and in the end bought knee warmers which do fit all the way to the ankle!!!! ( no laughing at the back there!)

Any recommendations for a short legged bloke?

OP
OP
Buck

Buck

Guru
PS would prefer padded so I don't have to double layer but will look at no pad ones if the leg fit is right. Thanks.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
I use padded shorts and leg warmers, like yourself I have a 29" inside leg. The leg warmers pull right up my thighs and fit snug under my shorts, I also wear windproof cycle tights without pads over the top of the shorts.

potsy

Rambler
I prefer padded shorts/undershorts with a pair of Altura Winter cruisers over the top.
They have a foot stirrup to keep them from riding up and are fine even for my 29" legs :okay:

OP
OP
Buck

Buck

Guru
Thanks guys.

I'm going to get a pair of those Altura Winter cruisers over my padded shorts. Always good to get a personal recommendation. Thanks.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Winter cruisers are longs not shorts :smile:

I have the women's version, they are good down to cool temps over shorts, 3/4 or padded longs. They aren't Lycra tight though so you know

OP
OP
Buck

Buck

Guru
Ah yes, you spotted my lack of concentration!!

Corrected now :smile:

I'm going to order from Wiggle as they have a perfect return policy

screenman

Legendary Member
Speak to Impsport and get them made to measure, which is what I did for my last pair. Which was about 10 years ago and still going strong, well worth the money in my opinion.

Top Bottom