Winter Warmer ride - Hebden Bridge this Saturday (Feb. 13th)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
dan_bo said:
I WILL make it out to one of these rides Col.

That would be good. I was commenting yesterday that I've met so many CycleChat members now that I'm beginning to forget who went on which ride and which people know each other! I reckon that I'm up to at least 15 forum members now, at least 11 last year alone.

dan_bo said:
Had my passport stamped and everything for yesterday's, but I woke up yesterday morning (dur-dur-dur-duh-duh). With a pair of tonsils like a pair of testicles. So I went back to bed.
Ouch - better that though than a pair of testicles like a pair of tonsils! :smile:

zacklaws said:
I did'nt want to mention this, but we was a bit curious why all the sheep started baaing when you went into the field and behind that wall, it sounded like all the sheep knew you?
You know women - they always chat to their mates about their lovers! :thumbsup:

longers said:
I too was surprised at how clean Zacklaws bike looked. I could have held it for you while you had a lie down if I'd been there. Was it a patch of ice you found or were you stretching?
There was a bit of confusion as we got back into Hebden Bridge. I turned left down a one-way street back towards the car park but Calum shouted 'goodbye' and carried straight on to go to the railway station. Colly, zacklaws and bokonon started to follow him but I called them back and they were kind of meandering about deciding who to follow and then ZL had a 'clipless moment' and toppled over in the road. He claimed that he'd spotted a pound coin and was just picking it up! :biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
Aha!

Are you doing the mini NWP next saturday? I can't make it but was thinking of a ride round and over Cragg Vale on the sunday instead.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
hi colin,

you had a chance to plot the route yet? if not just gimme the route we took from the corner i misjudged to the main road longers and myself took. i know the rest before and after. i think i'm going out for a short spin later to try and freshen up the dead legs.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

bromptonfb said:
hi colin,

you had a chance to plot the route yet? if not just gimme the route we took from the corner i misjudged to the main road longers and myself took. i know the rest before and after. i think i'm going out for a short spin later to try and freshen up the dead legs.
Okay, I've added it on Bikely - here.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

longers said:
Aha!

Are you doing the mini NWP next saturday? I can't make it but was thinking of a ride round and over Cragg Vale on the sunday instead.
I'm hoping to but I don't think that I'll ride to and from Rochdale this time. I reckon 75 miles will be enough for me until I've got some more good rides in.

zacklaws

Guru
ColinJ said:
ZL had a 'clipless moment' and toppled over in the road.

"Clipless moment" I think it was a clueless moment, my bike wanted to go to the left, but my body wanted to go to the right which probably accounted for my saddle twisting round. :blush::blush:

At least I had a good audience.

Bokonon

Über Member
ColinJ;1126631][quote name= said:
Sounds like an enjoyable ride. When will the next one be? :blush:
Colly and Calum were talking about organising one from Leeds in March.[/QUOTE]

I've put out a feeler for a Leeds ride here.

Top Bottom