Winter Warmer ride - Hebden Bridge this Saturday (Feb. 13th)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
ooohhhh go on! you're not my sister or mother and up here that's okay.

longers

Legendary Member
It's the best offer I've had today this week but that hill is only the second reason on my list of why not.

Good coffee today, I'd go back for that and am planning on having a go at copying that soup tomorrow but making it three times as thick.

trio25

Über Member
ColinJ said:
I had been getting increasingly annoyed with rubbing sounds from my Crud Roadracer guards. I really like this product but you do have to adjust the Cruds carefully or they rub. It turned out that my rear guard was jam-packed with thick mud. I lifted my rear wheel off the ground and stomped on a pedal and guess what? Yes, my wheel stopped dead! It did less than 1/4 turn before the friction stopped it. I'd pedalled who knows how many miles with the equivalent of my back brake being stuck on - no wonder I was knackered! Calum helped me scrape the gunk out and after that it felt like a new bike. It was easier riding on the flat back to Hebden Bridge than it had been going downhill to Todmorden!

I had this the other day! Took me a while after stopping to check the bike to work out why the wheel wouldn't spin. Ended up using my key to get the mud out!

colly said:
Longers legs were a blur going downhill.;) I am not sure but I thought I heard screaming at one stage.:wacko:

Glad its not just me that screams on downhills then ;-)

Sounds like a great ride!

Svendo

Guru
Bokonon said:
Good ride everyone, thanks.
Seconded, Thanks Colin. I had stats of 50.85 miles with 5555ft of ascent, bit further than you i think with the extra distance back to Rochdale from Todmorden rather than to Hebden Bridge.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
trio25 said:
I had this the other day! Took me a while after stopping to check the bike to work out why the wheel wouldn't spin. Ended up using my key to get the mud out!
I'd cleaned the Cruds out after my previous ride so there was no mud trapped before we set off. I'd obviously ridden through quite a lot of mud and the Roadracers stopped it going all over me, but we all rode the same route - how come that guardless Calum and zacklaws didn't arrive back in Hebden Bridge with muddy stripes up their backs?

Oh, hang on a minute... :wacko: Perhaps I picked up most of the mud when I did a detour through an open gate into a field for a quick pee-stop - d'oh!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
aJohnson said:
Sounds like an enjoyable ride. When will the next one be? :biggrin:
Colly and Calum were talking about organising one from Leeds in March. Colly organised one a year ago when we did a nice tour of lower Wharfedale.

I'll probably arrange one from Hebden Bridge on one of the other March weekends, or maybe even the last weekend in February (next weekend being the mini-North-West Passage).

zacklaws

Guru
ColinJ said:
Oh, hang on a minute... :biggrin: Perhaps I picked up most of the mud when I did a detour through an open gate into a field for a quick pee-stop - d'oh!

I did'nt want to mention this, but we was a bit curious why all the sheep started baaing when you went into the field and behind that wall, it sounded like all the sheep knew you?

longers

Legendary Member
I too was surprised at how clean Zacklaws bike looked. I could have held it for you while you had a lie down if I'd been there. Was it a patch of ice you found or were you stretching?

Top Bottom