Winter Warmer ride - Hebden Bridge this Saturday (Feb. 13th)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
zacklaws said:
Garmin Edge loaded with all waypoints mentioned. Looks an interesting area to ride on Mapsource Topo UK
Ah, since you have a GPS then I'll upload some GPX files for you to look at! Just give me time to have something to eat - I'm hungry!

I'll include that extension ride I mentioned in case you want to go and do another loop after the main ride finishes. I might not fancy doing more than the main ride since I'm pretty unfit at the moment.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
not packed, no clothes out, tyres not changed, food not prepped, no energy powder, chain not oiled, alarm not set. corrie on. better get ready after.

Calum

I'm looking forward to this now, it's gonna be fun! Like Colin, i'm gonna stick to the main ride too, more than that would kill me at the moment! My train gets in at 9:55, so there's a danger that if it's late, i'll be late. If that's the case, i'll ring colin. Hopefully it'll be fine though...

colly

Re member eR
Okie dokie I'm in !

A bit late as of right now but if anyone wants a lift tomorrow from Leeds get in touch pdq.

I aim to be setting of from Leeds around 8.30 so I won't have to rush. Hate that.

All being well I'll see you lot in the morning.;):biggrin:

Calum

Thanks for the offer Colly, but i'm gonna get the train so as not to waste my already bought ticket! Although if you're setting off at 8:30, i'm tempted to get the one before, cus you'll probably be there by then and I wont have to stand around in the cold alone!

colly

Re member eR
Calum said:
Thanks for the offer Colly, but i'm gonna get the train so as not to waste my already bought ticket! Although if you're setting off at 8:30, i'm tempted to get the one before, cus you'll probably be there by then and I wont have to stand around in the cold alone!

There's always the coffee shop.;) See you there.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
tyres changed, bladder filled n packed, tool packed, pump packed, clothes out, lights charged n fitted, need to get glasses n helmet cam sorted, then off to bed. i'll set off about 8ish so will probably arrive early unless i get jinxed again by colin :blush:. i'll be the guy aimlessly wandering around on a slicked n mud-guarded mtb looking for the car park or a cafe full of cyclists. see you all in the morning.

Bokonon

Über Member
I've arranged transport with colly, I've replaced all the bits I've scrounged off the bike over the last year, I've replaced the 80psi of air that had disappeared from each of the tyres and I'm about to throw some lube on the chain. I think I might be sorted.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I know that I shouldn't do it but I really fancy some beer tonight, having been good and cut down recently...! I'll be bleary-eyed in the morning, oh, and garlicky (as usual) - I've just had a salad with my patented home-made dressing which inluded 3 cloves; leave a good gap!

Oh, here are 3 GPX files for ZL and anybody else who is interested...

38 mile loop, returning via bastard hill at Thursden, then Widdop

46 mile loop, returning via The Long Causeway instead

20 mile Cragg Vale, Littleborough, Todmorden loop if anybody fancies some more!

longers

Legendary Member
I've oiled the chain and had no beer so shall ride out and try the first hill as Calum suggests. Looking forward to it.

Top Bottom